Does the EC 1000VB and the standard EC 1000's have different necks and fretboards?

Updated
dazr33
I have both a vintage black and also STBC ec 1000 and i swear the fretboard on the vintage black is a bit more curvier than the STBC and the neck is thinner.
mikerockstar

well, there's an ebony fretboard on the VB, for one :)

Past that, I don't know.

afterbang

I also have played the same guitars. I didn't find a difference on the neck curve, but I agree it seems thinner on the VB. Maybe it's because of the finish. The hand slides more easily on the VB anyway, on both sides of the neck, because of the finish on the back and of the ebony fretboard (vs. rosewood for the STBC).

I find that overall the VB is lighter than the STBC. And it may be related but it seems to me that the STBC has more bass, which I feel especially when palm muting.

Eric M

I have an EC-1000 in gloss black and my other guitarist has a vintage black one. Mine is made in '06 and his in '07 and his is probably 3lbs heavier than mine.

nicknuisance

Depends on what model year it is. The new EC-1000VB's come with an ebony fretboard, but the years before have been rosewood, from my understanding.

ESPimperium

My VHB has a Rosewood, altho i would love a VB so i can have a EC-1K pair.

Post to Thread