I have An EC500, and i want to buy a new amp.

Updated
Esp/LtdPlayerEC500
I have An LTD EC500 and i want to buy a new amp for it. I have a crate VTX65 right now, but its time to upgrade. I was looking at a marshal TSL100, tell me what u guys think or if u have any suggestions for any other amps im all ears.
WretchedESP86

Hey, i have had a TSL, and they are very thin and buzzy. I would say from personal experience, go with a Rectifier, or my personal favorite the Krank Revolution. You may want to look at a 5150, but they are too fuzzy for my taste.

Esp/LtdPlayerEC500

Hey, i have had a TSL, and they are very thin and buzzy. I would say from personal experience, go with a Rectifier, or my personal favorite the Krank Revolution. You may want to look at a 5150, but they are too fuzzy for my taste.

When u say buzzy... like as in distortion buzzy, or just regular buzzy lol.

ESPRockBeast

Don't go TSL!! If you're into that Marshall tone go for a DSL or a JCM800. Or better still: Mesa Boogie, Randall, Soldano, Genz Benz, Diezel, Engl, Bogner, Framus, Splawn, Hughes & Kettner, Suhr, etc......

dethdude_87

What kinda playin do you plan on doing?

I've been playing a vox AD15VT and the thing kicks ass. its just a small 8" practice amp, but its worth all of the $185 i payed for it. its got a amp modulator on it that is amazing. i mostly play through a digitech metal master first, and get everything from a classic bluesy tone to straight up Dimebag like crunch. you can't go wrong with it.

If you're looking for a half or full stack for giging or something. i cant offer you much, but i will agree with the others and say that mesa rectifiers are amazing. so are Krank and Hughes and Kettner.

Esp/LtdPlayerEC500

What kinda playin do you plan on doing?

I've been playing a vox AD15VT and the thing kicks ass. its just a small 8" practice amp, but its worth all of the $185 i payed for it. its got a amp modulator on it that is amazing. i mostly play through a digitech metal master first, and get everything from a classic bluesy tone to straight up Dimebag like crunch. you can't go wrong with it.

If you're looking for a half or full stack for giging or something. i cant offer you much, but i will agree with the others and say that mesa rectifiers are amazing. so are Krank and Hughes and Kettner.

I plan on playing alot of metal. Ive heard Krank is pretty good for metal, but im trying to find some marshall amps that would play well with metal too.

xnatex

i have a dsl100 and its good for crisp cleans to thick metal tones.Â* if you are looking for Marshall tone i recommend this amp.Â* and if you find one used it wont kill your bank account getting it.Â*
Â*
i recommend throwing in a full set of JJs bias this amp makes it easy so you can bias it on your own without takeing it to a tech.Â* if you want any more info on this amp the guys at the marshallampforum are extremely helpfull and friendly.Â* they will answer any of your questions without burning you.

Metahead

carvin sx 200

WretchedESP86

yeah, the 5150's will blow a Krank if you like feedback ridden fuzzy messes,lol. Dude, go sit down with a Revolution and play with that sweep knob a little more and you'll change your mind, i guarantee it. And i have heard very good things about the JVM line, but i like a little more bottom end in my sound than most Marshall's i've had put out, except the mighty 800.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Esp/LtdPlayerEC500

Thx everyone, ive tried a dsl 100 and om for it, but ill go try a revolution to see what it sounds like. My teacher at school has one in his band room lol, so ill try it there.

WretchedESP86

Did you like the DSL100?

load more replies (1 of 1)
bjoyce27205

i played a jcm 900 today and was completely let down. not impressed at all. clean was ok, but distortion was just lacking.

Butch

VK?

WretchedESP86

They were reamped with XXX's and 5150's on there only decent albums, the new is utter crap with horrible tone coming out of a DSL100. That is the only album recorded with a Marshall. And they are endorsed by Marshall so it is odd they would have Mesa reps, but idk. Ill find out. Shoulda stuck with Krank anyway.

TheDevilHimself

I like the new Marshalls. They are all pretty good.

The TSL isn@~t bad, but why get it if you can get a JVM or the Kerry King amp. I personally favor the Vm but it is not a board favorite here.

Board favorites are the Peavey 6505 and ENGLs I guess.

If you're on a budget, Peavey makes some good tube amps for less bucks. Also Laney often are cheaper and they have some great amps.

Post to Thread