Questing About Pick Ups F250

Updated
Delacroix
Whats up, I just bought a brand new F250, sweet ass guitar. I had a music store order it for me and I go to pick it up this friday. Anyways I have some questions about the pick ups. So the guitars is stock with EMG LH300 set. Are those any good? Should I change? I play metal mostly. Grindcore/death metal, and all sorts of metal. I don't want an active pickup. Whats the best scream with an EMG i can get without going active? I was thinking about a dimebucker at the bridge? any good? I've played dimebuckers on razorbacks and it just screams. But alot of reviews I've read from them state clearly if you play only with distortion you'll love it, anything else you'll hate it. And I'd like to keep this guitar versatile (but more on the kick ass distortion side) but I don't want the guitar to not be able to play anything clean without sounding shitty. Any suggestions? Thanx guys.... Delacroix
njrusmc

I am not certain why you dont want actives, but if you want some of the best passives I would suggest SD pickups, maybe a JB in the bridge and 54/59 in the neck. That seems to be a popular combination.

Delacroix

Well I mainly don't want actives because you get a lot of resonance and noice that your trying to cancel out, it defeats the purpose of a noise gate. I guess it depends what distortion your using. But damn it's annoying when you have great gear and your still buzzin right? I'm going to look into those pick ups, thanks for help.

How are the stock pick ups though? (LH300's) Just out of curiousity, are they good or what?

Thanks for the help I appretiate it

load more replies (1 of 1)
dethdude_87

Personally i think the LH-300 set is for what it is. i've got a ec200qm and don't think i'de swap out the stock pickups for anything. Unless i csame across a a set of those zakk wylde signature EMG'S. but really they are an amazing set of stock humbuckers. i totally agree with usmc above. i've played, i think they are the LH-150 humbuckers, and think they suck ass. esp got it right with the LH-300 set though.

Delacroix

Alright, thanks guys guys, I appretiate the help. Can't wait to pick my guitar up monday! I've heard pretty good things about the LH300. I was looking at an EMG 85/81 combo for actives. Infact that's the only active combo that I've ever played on. But I'm definettely going to look into those SD's thanks a bunch.

njrusmc

I would go with 81/60 combo. I have an 85 and I am not impressed with it at all, too fat and bassy for metal IMO. 60 has crystal cleans as well, I intend on replacing my 85 with one soon.

TheDevilHimself

I play metal mostly. Grindcore/death metal, and all sorts of metal.

I think you'd be quite happy with the Seymour SH-6 or the mentioned Dimebucker then. Just suits Metal really well. If you downtune excessively, try maybe a DiMarzio D-Sonic.

Post to Thread