New LTD owner

Updated
CrazyPhil
Hey guys, soon to be new LTD owner here. I've got an MH-400NT on the way. Something has been bothering me though.. In the ESP 2008 catalog it shows white body binding and a headstock that matches the body finish, and the 2007 catalog shows a darker body binding with no matching headstock. Now I noticed here on the board that at least one member, El Jefe I think, has the one with the white binding and matching headstock and he says his is a 2007. Is the catalog wrong or is his maybe a 2008? Just wondering what my chances are of getting the newer one because to me it looks best. Here's hoping.
njrusmc

2006: Natural body binding, solid black headstock (see my pics)
2007: White body binding, STBLK headstock (El Jefe's pics)

The 2008 might be the same as the 2007. I can say with 100% certainty that the above 2 facts are correct.

PS: You will love the guitar!

Xero

I have the model with natural binding and solid black headstock. Absolutely awesome guitar.

Butch

Alot of the 07 have the natural body binding.... mostly the fall 07 models i seen have had the white B.

I think the 08's are mostly white.

btw do they have grover tunerS???

njrusmc

Why not just open up the cavity and check the problem? Might just be a poor soldering job, a 2 minute fix. The switch is probably fine ...

Metahead

post pics

Butch

please we are dying here.

Metahead

almost dead

Butch

I'm looking at deathspade videos to pass the time...

CrazyPhil

Figured out the problem, the metal foil on the inside of the electronics cavity cover was shorting the switch. I placed a piece of cardboard over the switch terminals so the foild woudn't short it. Works fine now.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread