ESP LTD F-104 Bass

Updated
Deathroll
I'm gonna buy a new bass soon but im not sure which one to get. Has anyone any experience with the LTD F-104 Bass. Is it good in that price range? Does it have a decent sound? I hope that somebody can help me!
Metahead

haha, this guy is just like me, "i want a mh 250" then everyone is like "get a 400"

welcome

Gil

haha, this guy is just like me, "i want a mh 250" then everyone is like "get a 400"

welcome

we're just looking out for you bro! we want the best for you!

max_power

I dont know about the 104, but I've got a 254 and the thing sounds and plays bad ass. I can heartily reccommend that model.

moosemeister

well i know most guys have said buy a 200-400 series. i did save and im quite happy about it.

however, i love the 104 series. i played one in phoenix when i was up there, because it was the only LTD that looked appealing to me. i loved the feeling of it, and the pick ups that come standard are ok seeming how there are many horrible ones out there.

like any one on this board, i would say get a 200 or 400 series. but if youre starting out with bass or looking for a back up instrument, the 104 is a good choice.

i, myself am going to buy a 104 (or any of the new ones from 08) so i can practice switching pick ups.

Deathroll

Thx all for your relpies. But i just dont got so much money, and secondly i hate those see-thru colours! xD ( i love the white on the 104 ). But if i buy the 104 im gonna change the pickups anyway. Maybe ill wait till that ebony model comes out. See what it looks like.

moosemeister

Thx all for your relpies. But i just dont got so much money, and secondly i hate those see-thru colours! xD ( i love the white on the 104 ). But if i buy the 104 im gonna change the pickups anyway. Maybe ill wait till that ebony model comes out. See what it looks like.

I for one think the ebony F's are fucking horrible looking. If you dont like the see thru, you will probably not like the ebony.

I have a see thru black F-255. And it looks black more than see thru black. You only get the see thu look if the lighting hits it right. Unless mine was produced wrong. haha.

I like the white F-104 too! but im into the black basses.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Deathroll

Thank you all. I'll go for the 104 now then. Btw i play a ibanez now too ( BTB-205) and im not happy with the sound at all.

Ryan 2%

i know of two people that have F 200 series, and i hate both of them. i wanted a F series for a while, and there's something about the construction or the wood their made out of that makes them sound terrible after a year or so. anyone know why?

Deathroll

Can anyone tell me what strings fit the F-104 if i want to use the DGCF tuning or the CGCF?

Deathroll

Can anyone tell me what strings fit the F-104 if i want to use the DGCF tuning or the CGCF?

?

Ryan 2%

no, it's definately possible, the tone of wood changes as it gets older, thats why vintage guitars (for the most part) are so sought after. likewise, some guitars start sounding just plain bad. maybe i just dont like the tone, who knows.

Ryan 2%

oh no dude, by construction I didn't mean the shape, i meant how it's actually put together, haha. Maybe it's just an isolated case or they don't know how to run their gear well.

Ryan 2%

well that depends on what tuning you want to play in. Pretty much any gauge will fit any bass, but you want to choose the gauge according to the style of music you'll be playing. I'm assuming since you're getting a f model bass, you'll be playing metal of some kind, so go for a lower gauge string set. I'm in a band with some friends and we play in Drop A (it's not as ridiculous as it sounds; there are bands that play in F#) so I have the lowest gauge that I could find.

If you get a set that is too thick for the tuning you're playing, you can risk serious damage to the neck of your guitar.

But if your question is merely between cgcf or dgcf you won't really need a different gauge just for one step.

Deathroll

Drop A is not that ridiculous. In Flames uses A#. Thx for the answer

Skin N. Bones

Did you buy the F-104?

Deathroll

no im waiting for your review on the EX-104 if it sucks im getting the F 404 or the 405.

Skin N. Bones

I hear you

Deathroll

I cant afford it atm but soon. Very soon. To bad the EX isnt in a 400 version.

Skin N. Bones

Did you make a decision yet?

Deathroll

yes i did. I'm going for the F- 404 in red. Caus i want a bass with a higher quality then a 104 series. If the EX would be in a 400 version i would buy that one.

Skin N. Bones

I went had a look at it. That is nice and it isn't black. It isn't as nice as the F-4E. That is a very nice looking bass. Good luck with your purchase.

Deathroll

I would have gone with F-4E if it was completly that dark brown wood i dont like the lighter wood colour in the middle.

Skin N. Bones

Are you getting the one with the tribal inlays or the one without?

Post to Thread