Swapping Pickups?

Updated
theDogger
Anyone know if a can direct swap the factory EMG-ESP LH-300 pickups in a LTD EC200QM for a set of EMG HZ-H4? A friend has a set that I can have. Are both pickups quick connects? Thought that it would be easier before opening it up for surgery.......I am just hoping to take the stock pickups out and quick plug the HZ's... thanks B
theDogger

Anyone?

Gil

it won't bee too hard to actually check. just loosen the strings and pull the PUP out. unfortunately my scouring the internet didn't turn up any answers. I usually try to be as helpfull as possible. as long as you can remember how you like your tone adjusting your pick up height will be simple :). I was actually going to email esp for you but their tech support department is out of the office till thursday. do us all a favor and open it up and let us know so we can help others!

Mr Pigwalk

AFAIK neither will be quick connects. The EMG-HZ's, do have the quick connects, but they only seem to QC with other HZ's.

theDogger

So the next question is how much better will the HZ-H4's be than the EMG ESP LH-300?

and thanks for the input Gil...I looked all over the internet and even called ESP but could not get in touch with anyone to find out... Guess that I will just have to open it up. Have to change strings soon anyway..

theDogger

theDogger

Ok finally got through to ESP and talked to a tech. He said that the LH-300 are actually a hair better than the HZ-H4's. They do not have the quick connects and are quiter in volume than the LH-300's

Said only change he would consider is upgrading to some Active EMG's

theDogger

Post to Thread