Ltd Fx-400

Updated
Freakoz
Hey there. First of all... Sorry for my shitty english. I'm from DK, but this message board seems to be the only where i can get answers on my questions. I wonder how the playabillity on a FX-400 are? Just like a EX-400? How often (if any can answer that:P) does the FX-400 come with the wood-finish, like it is in the catalouge/hp? Hope to get some answers:) Kenny
daddydoomsday

I would say the FX and the EX are pretty much the same. But the FX neck feels better to me cause of the finish. Its still a neck heavy guitar, so I put the button in the back like a gibson explorer, feels way better cause it dont neck dive anymore.

Freakoz

That sounds good:) I love the feel of a EX...

Bridge The Void

I've only tried the FX-260, woulda bought it but the example in the shop was so badly set up, and I didn't think it worth paying and then having to struggle with neck adjustments.

Oddly enough the one I tried didn't neck dive at all. I tried an EX straight after and it neck dived all the way down.

OutlawTorn

ive played a 260 that was set up extremely well.....great guitar, i have an ex that nose dives like hell, the one thing the fx has my ex doesnt but wish it did....coil tap

moosemeister

very sick guitar man. congrats on the pick up.

i was thinking of getting one of these. they seem so fucking sick.

Skin N. Bones

That is awesome. I wish the EX-104 bass came in a natural finish. I have the Black and only finish(EX-104) on the way to my house should show up tomorrow.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

Damn I really like those spalted maple FXs.

PerfectForm

Its the only LTD i own so i cant really compare, but the neck is a dream to play for me. I have quite small hands and with this, i can easily get to where i need to :p.

The finish on it is soo silky its unreal, im surprised at the higher fret access to. Thought been a EX shape it might intrude on it, but it doesnt :)

General Klinger

Coincidently, I am debating if I want to get rid of my FX-260 :( I have a EC-1000 and hardly play the 260. Stupid decisions

Justin

I own the fx 260, and the neck is slighty better than the viper 400's neck. It's amazing to play and looks just as good. The fx will always come in the wood finish, just different ''wood patterns'' on the guitar. It's an amazing guitar, the fx 400 is obviously better , but both do the job fine.

Post to Thread