Esp Ltd Ec-400at

Updated
lildave026
How is this model different from the VF other than color? I can still find these guitars around for sale (although from sites I've never heard from). I really like the goldtop color, more than the VF colors. The pickups, scale length, EVERYTHING seems the same. Is there any difference I should know about? On a side note, has anybody used Gibson or DR strings before? Do you like them? I use Elixer Nanowebs right now, but they seem expensive compared to these strings. Thanks for the help
K1N5L4Y3R

I think the only difference is the maple top, the 400AT's have a mahogany top i believe, apart from that the hardware etc is the same.

Gil

the goldtop looks sweet :) very classy.

metalhobo
metalhobo

It's not a maple top. It's a thin maple veneer.

dazr33

you mean those LTD's wood grain look is actually a print stuck to the top of the guitar?? haha budget as!

metalhobo

you mean those LTD's wood grain look is actually a print stuck to the top of the guitar?? haha budget as!

No, it's wood. Just really thin wood.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gil

as far as playability is concerned there won't be a difference. a few aesthetic things will be different but other than that it'll be the same. boo to the wraparound job on the tailpeice :P

InVinoVeritasXXX

as far as playability is concerned there won't be a difference. a few aesthetic things will be different but other than that it'll be the same. boo to the wraparound job on the tailpeice :P
Why do people do that again?

load more replies (1 of 1)
jamesw

stick with the elixirs- i swear by them. they last soooooo much longer than uncoated strings. id steer clear from gibson strings (big guitar name strings usually suck major balls) elixirs are definitely the way forward- ive played gig after gig after gig after gig after gig etc with a single set, and they stay relatively bright sounding even without cleaning (and i do have pretty sweaty hands).
i remember i tried peavey strings once, and after a gig they were totally dead- sounded shit and felt horrible
elixirs cost 3 times the price of normal strings cos they last about 5 times longer.

ernie balls are the best non elexir stings ive played if u feel the need to stray from the righteous path of elixir.

hope that helps!

ps i dont work for elixirs advertising department, im just a bit of a fanboi

Post to Thread