Viper 407

Updated
dazr33
I'm considering buying a 7 string Viper to get a note as low as A (since im tuning in standard D). What are they like and do they lack in anything because of the 7th string, any feedback would be awsome.
Monologous

Damn it looks good in those pics. GAS

moosemeister

damn thats a sweet guitar. if only they made a 5 string viper bass.

Det Brinnande Röda

beefy

dazr33

another option was the baritone models for downtuning. which do you think is the better option??

Dark Alone

No idea. Different guitars with different agendas. The 7-string gives you a wider range from low to high, while the baritone only offers you better tension at low tunings at the expense of your high notes. You would play each differently as well. The things I write on my 7-string I could not play on a 6-string.

So, it's up to you. Are you just looking to go low? Or are you looking to go low and experiment with different chord patterns, phrasings, etc?

dazr33

just thinking of throwing in the occasional really low chord here and there. most of music is writen in D so its fair highish. but yeah just something for that lower heavy sound now and then. so i guess the 7 string is prob the better option

Miek

I tune half a step higher than DA, and I prefer baritones for the feel, not so much to go EXTRA EXTRA LOLOW

dazr33

only thing that would make this guitar look better is an ebony fretboard

decoy205

Darkalone didn't you stain your board or something with that stewmac stuff?

dazr33

Got my VIPER 407 today. Fucking Sweet to play! That wider fretboard was a bit weird to get used to (actually forgetting i had a 7th string and playing chords a string down) but after i did it actually feels and fits in my hands better than the standard 6 string. Great guitar and not bad for US$620 with a ESP hard case. Another Ebay special

I would post a pic but i may as well repost darkalones ones cause its exactly the same :)

Yoshi

some of the stuff on divine heresies new album uses alot of the 6th string for riffs and adds the 7th for those low chords, give it a try.

I wanna try a tuning like Gdgcgbe

Wonder how it would sound. or AEADFAD

might give those ago.

As for the viper, its awesome and sounds chunky. get it

SpiderPig

Viper 407 is awesome. Buy it, you wont be dissapointed.

Post to Thread