I Need Help! EC1000 or V-500

Updated
DaanVaan
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I want to ask a question. I want to buy a new guitar but I have a dillema. I can't choose between the EC1000 and the V-500. I play an Epiphone SG now and I like the way it feels and plays. I played an Les Paul but I didn''t like it. Is the EC1000 playwise almost the same as a Les Paul? And how is the Viper? Does it feel the same as a SG. Another question I'd like to ask is: do those guitar's have those megalarge frets? My friend has the Kirk hammet signature guitar and it has enormous frets. I don't like that. Do those guitars also have that? And sorry for my bad english I'm from the Netherlands. Any help would be apreciated.
DaanVaan

Hmmm I'm also thinking about the VIPER-500S...

redlightklondike

the viper is the closest thing to an sg, no doubt about it. if that's what you like, then go for it. i dont think you'll be dissapointed. that being said, you'll get used to pretty much anything, and a good guitar is a good guitar.

rlk

DaanVaan

But I need the answer on the question if the EC1000 and Viper500 also have those large frets just like the Kirk Hammet Signature.

coyote

Yep, same frets.

DaanVaan

Thanks alot. Hmmm will you got used to the large frets? Because I'm not used to the large frets.

coyote

Ya, you will definitely get used to them.

CaptainFantastik

I have a 1990 Gibson Explorer and my EC1000 spends much more time in my hands. It feels better, plays better, and sounds better. Of course, that's likley not the case with all Gibsons of course but like many others i've seen alot from them in recent years that make me laugh at the prices they charge for alot of that stuff. Considering some of the stuff i've seen from them you're definitely not getting your money's worth. The money would be better spent getting a cutom guitar made by a small-name luthier that does quality stuff. That said, I also have both a V500 and an EC1000 and if I had my choice between the two i'd get the EC1K over the V500 everytime.

DaanVaan

thanks for your reactions! I really apreciate it!

Post to Thread