Help me choose my next guitar!

Updated
itsallinmyh3ad
Hey guys. I'm new here. My name's Carlos. Anyway, I want you guys to help me. I've been an ESP user/abuser for about a year. I've had several LTD models (the most recent a MH-400 I traded some days ago). Anyway, I'm in the process of buying a new guitar. I want something solid. I mainly play metal, but I want something that I could play covers with also. Anyway, I've narrowed it down to: LTD MH-400NT - I used to have the same but with tremolo, and that was the only thing I didn't like of the guitar. LTD EC-500 - I currently have the EC-400VF, its a great guitar, and It'd be nice to have another similar one, but with emg's. LTD Viper 400 - Looks fucking awesome. LTD Viper 407 - Same as above, but 7 string . So...Any recomendations? I'm pretty sure I'm going with another ESP. Thanks.
moosemeister

I'd say either the MH-400NT or the Viper 407. Now if you dont know how to play a 7 string, then dont buy it. I personally like my 5 string bass alot, when I first played one (before I made a purchase) I was confused. But since I had tried out so many 5 strings, it was time to make the purchase.

But I would say get the two I listed. And I mean, if you want the Viper, just get the 400 if youre not comfortable with a 7 string.

itsallinmyh3ad

Yeah...I've had several 7 strings in the past. My most recent one was a C-7 Hellraiser, but I've been GASsing for the 407 for a long time.

moosemeister

I would say as of now, wait around for some of the other guys to give imput. But if it were up to me, I'd get the 407.

Gfunk

MH balls deep.

MattiaS

EC-500
or
Viper 407

Two amazin' guitars.

P.D: Where are you from?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Butch

not H500

conorreich

viper 400
my answer to anything

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metallikid

You can't go wrong with a Alexi Laiho V. The guitar is sweet. Or how about a EX - 400. It really depends on your style, what you like, and what you feel is comfortable to you.

Metallikid

Oh, and I don't care what guitars, you want, it's what I want.

itsallinmyh3ad

Hey guys I was wondering...What strings do the LTD's bring nowadays? I don't remember, but I think It was S.I.T?

moosemeister

Hey guys I was wondering...What strings do the LTD's bring nowadays? I don't remember, but I think It was S.I.T?

S.h.I.T is correct.

the first thing you do when you purchase your guitar is buy new strings...

i did however get a free tshirt from S.I.T. ahah

i would buy an esp since you already have the ec 400.

or get the mh 400 nt,you wont regret it.

itsallinmyh3ad

Yeah...but I don't have enough money to go up to the ESP. I did however place an order for a Viper-400 in white. Shall be here soon. :D

willsnyder26

I recently sold all me epiphones and schectors, and Went with the EC 500, loved it so much I went out and bought the EC 1000 2 days later. I am now strictly an ESP/LTD guy, and would strongly recommend the EC 500. It is simply amazing. Does everything I need, and is so smooth it's sick.
Good Luck,
Will

njrusmc

I just bought an MH400 NT. Check out the pics I posted on the photo thread. Its a sweet axe, I am playing it right now in fact. I soldered in another 9V battery connector.... running 18V adds that extra kick .... definitely worth the 5 minutes of work! Like you, I had an MHx00 with a trem and I didnt like it. The no-trem is great!

Post to Thread