LTD 400 Viper owners - answers?

Updated
AnnihilationText
I haven't found much discussion anywhere about this sort of thing, if anyone has answers to these questions, post pronto because I'm *this* close to buying a black V400: 1) How are the V400's for tuning to B using 13-56 string guage? Does it hold tune exceptionally or just "ok". I have had nothing but problems with my Mustaine DV-200 V guitar and have to use a 59 instead of 56 for low B for it to intonate properly. 2) I don't see any clarification anywhere on the web but does anyone know if the bridge on these things is a TonePros? Thanks
5150-Viper

i have owned atleast a half dozen LTDs (mh400, mh400nt, ec400, h500 and two Viper 400's). I have to say the Viper 400 is the best in my opinion, I play in C standard and have no problems at all with tuning. I did however upgrade to schaller locking tuners (direct replacement). It does not come with a Tonepros bridge, just a tune-a-matic, however i also made this upgrade and have the locking tonepros now. I highly recommend this guitar if your searching for something to produce a brutal tone.

Gil

I use drop C and it holds up very well for that tuning but then again I'm not using strings that big either. The bridge sadly is not a tonpros bridge.

japs5607

i have owned atleast a half dozen LTDs (mh400, mh400nt, ec400, h500 and two Viper 400's). I have to say the Viper 400 is the best in my opinion, I play in C standard and have no problems at all with tuning. I did however upgrade to schaller locking tuners (direct replacement). It does not come with a Tonepros bridge, just a tune-a-matic, however i also made this upgrade and have the locking tonepros now. I highly recommend this guitar if your searching for something to produce a brutal tone.

Sorry to jump in on this thread but i see you have fitted the tonepro locking bridge to your viper 400 dont suppose you know what size and model do you as there seems to be loads of variations on the bay

load more replies (1 of 1)
AnnihilationText

Well, I went ahead and ordered up a black LTD Viper 400. I am pretty confident I'll end up being happy with it, I've read a lot of great things about this series.

I should have it by next Wednesday, and will post after my tech sets it up and I've had some time to play it about how it takes the setup to B/E/A/D/F#/B and performs in case anyone else has similar intentions. Hope I'm able to pull off our faster palm muted tremelo picked parts on this thing!

dazr33

i ned to move the strap peg on my Viper 407 to. same problem. Really headstock heavy.

garyjfoster

i had the grynch...had to sell it to go on tour in 2005...i miss that guitar...i will have the vb-400 soon....like within the year

garyjfoster

i would not recommend a viper with a 24 3/4 inch scale....but with a 25.5 inch scale then sure you can go down to b...i would just get the baritone viper...its better for intonation and its fucking mean as hell..

Post to Thread