Ex 351 - Ex 351d

Updated
neno
Hi there! Some years ago my brother bought a Ltd EX 351D (Diamond Plate), and I bought a normal EX 351. Both really cool guitars ;) But! my one, compared to the diamond plated really sucks! :( The EX 351D always stays in tune, has a really nice sound... Is there really a such big difference? My EX 351 doesn't stay in tune, I just have to bend a bit the g-string and it's not any more in tune... Is there anything I do wrong or can I change this? Also wanted to ask: The guitar is a bit neck-heavy. Any idea to fix this? Thanks for answer!
tee5150ii

Out of tune bends are a sign of the nut needing some lubrication. A quick fix some use involves taking a standard graphite pencil and just run the graphite tip through each string slot in the nut a few times and then replace the string back into the slot. For the neck-heavy issue...get a wider strap or replace the strap button to the back of the neck joint. I know somebody has some pictures, hopefully they'll see this and add them.

andrei

as far forward as possible on the neckjoint, but above the middle line of the neck.

(i post this in haste, cos i dont have time to edit a picture right now)

i'd also recomand to carefuly drill a hole first, cos the maple of the neck is harder than the mahagony of the body and you may end up with a stuck screw, that's not tight...
(yes, it did happen to me - the head of the screw was fucked and i coudn't unscrew it anymore - i had to cut it off - nasty)

so take care!
good luck!

moosemeister

yeah becareful about moving the strap buttons. a guitarist in a local band here really screwed his guitar up doing it.

but the two posts above mine are right. im sure someone will post pictures or you can simply find them online.

andrei

i think the 350 is the one with the trem.
they where made <2003 (351).

neno

Thank you very much!!!!

The tip with the nut worked!!!! yeah!
The issue with the heavy neck :/, I have to see, but I think the porblem won't be solved with this, I think it will also be neckheavy, maybe a little bit less. I heard also something about giving weights into the (i don't know the english word ^^) .... where the cables are?

thanks for reply!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread