KH-202 vs. M-200FM

Updated
Metal_Militia
Accidentally posted this in the wrong section so i moved it here. I am currently looking between these two guitars. I am originally looking at the M-200fm, the only thing is that none of the stores around me carry it but they do carry the KH-202. My problem is which do I get? Should I order online for the M200fm? or spend the extrar $20 for the KH202? What are the differences between the two guitars? Edit/Delete Message
1point8t

They're pretty different, body shape aside. The M200 is a neck thru body, where the KH is a bolt on. The KH is basswood, which is better IMO than the agathis of the M. I've owned both, the KH was a great playing and sounding guitar, which had snappier tone than the M too. I personally prefer bolt ons to neck thru guitars, but I don't know your preference. The M is a nice looking guitar, if you get one with a decent top. The binding and arrow inlays give them a nice touch... but I still like the skull/crossbones of the KH. Hardware and pickups are identical on both guitars, but you get a push pull tone pot with with M, which splits your humbuckers into single coil mode for more of a 'stratty' tone... the KH has independant volume controls for the 2 pickups, and a tone control.

Both guitars are great for the coin, and you can always upgrade over time with a real Floyd and different pickups if you like. Good luck dood.

Post to Thread