Picked up an 06 DV8-R yesterday from sam ash, questions...

Updated
Goliath
Its the one with the live wire pick ups (awesome). No strap buttons on this bad boy, there are 2 cavities with a drop in plastic sleeve with a screw at the bottom which are in the position that look like where I'd want my strap button to go. Is there a set of strap buttons there that just plug into these holes or am I left to my own devices in screwing this in with regular old strap locks? Would prefer something that just plugged into those holes, one hole is on the heel of the neck where it meets the body and the other is just below the jack. Also does anyone have the 2006 esp catalog that has this guitar in it? I'd like to get a "from teh horses mouth" look at the specs. I couldn't believe the value of this guitar, 2 active pickups with neck-thru construction (supposedly, can't really tell), that had almost as much sustain as the Eclipse II I was considering, for literally half of the price. Plus, I like the neck on this a whole lot (I'm 6'-6", the extra 3/4" helps puts the 15-19 frets in a more accessible position). So, if there isn't a strap lock that goes into those 2 holes w/ screws conveniently in the location I'd like to put my strap locks, where is a good place to drill them?
Gfunk

Its the one with the live wire pick ups (awesome). No strap buttons on this bad boy, there are 2 cavities with a drop in plastic sleeve with a screw at the bottom which are in the position that look like where I'd want my strap button to go. Is there a set of strap buttons there that just plug into these holes or am I left to my own devices in screwing this in with regular old strap locks?

Those are recessed Dunlops. Get a set of Dunlops and they should plug right in.

FEATURES: neck-thru-body construction; 25.5” scale; mahogany body; 3-piece mahogany neck; rosewood fingerboard; dot inlays w/8-ball on first fret; Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups; 2 volume & 1 tone control with 3-way toggle; black hardware; Sperzel Locking tuners; Dunlop Flushmount Straploks; TonePros locking bridge w/string-thru-body; white binding on neck & headstock; 24 jumbo frets

Goliath

yeah I realized that about the flushmount strap locks about half an hour after I posted this.

I've got one of the 06 models with the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Live Wire pick ups.

This guitar floors me. The sustain is incredible, not for a V (although it blew away the RR3 I used to have), but in general. The Eclipse I was playing beat it, but not by a whole lot as far as sustain went.

It sounds phenomenal clean (did side by side w/ the EMGs and I preferred the Duncans warmth)

Unbelievable value. Was $699 brand new. Because it was kept high up on the wall in an ESP display, the neck/fretboard didn't look like many people bothered pulling it down.

espdood

That's a great deal. Glad that there weren't a zillion people trying it out and playing it. I feel that ESP and some of their LTD models rival other guitars in terms of sound and quality. Other guitar companies that I owned/tried/returned, have been low in quality these days. Is it just me?

takesnogutz666

i agree. if you buy a jackson for the same price as an esp, the esp blows it away i have a fender, had a jackson, had a gibson, but my 3 esp guitars are the best ive ever owned.

Leviathan

What Sam Ash did you go to? All the ones I have went to are sold ot of the dv8r...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread