Any suggestions on how to tighten the plate on the input jack for an MH-201?

Updated
DigitalJon
Hey guys! I'm looking to tighten up the input jack a bit. It keeps coming loose while I'm playing and it causes a bit of static to sound in the speakers and I'd like to get rid of it. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to keep it tight enough that I don't have to do it before and each show. Thanks guys!
El Jefe

im guessing its like my mh400nt but i would say put a squirt of loc-tite on the threads and then tighten it down.

DigitalJon

Thanks for the advice, but I think my wording might have been bad. I mean the actual jack attached to the plate. The nut that is attached to it comes loose A LOT and I can't seem to keep it from either becoming TOO loose or so loose that the nut falls off and my input jack wiggles around in the plate.

El Jefe

find the correct size socket and tighten it down, apply the loc tite to the thread the nut goes on.

DigitalJon

Thanks again man! Much apreciated!

Jan S.

offtopic: El Jefe: post you avatar in higres plz :)

the_emptier

well it depends on hte jack. sometimes you can just tighten with your fingers. at other times you have to take off the plate, and put a screwdriver on the tiny little washer looking thing and tighten the jack with your hand while keeping a tight hold on the washer

ESPRockBeast

You can use a little loc-tite, but I would suggest removing the nut from the bottom side of the jack plate (and keep it!!) and put a rubber washer in there up against the metal one. Once the plate is back on and the outer nut is tightened (with a ratchet), the rubber will compress into the teeth of the metal washer and stay tight! :)

Post to Thread