FX400 owners look here - How do you like it?

Updated
uberwigget
First off I'd like to say hello to the ESP forums. *waves hand* I love the ESP LTD FX400. It was so awesome. I got to play it at a local shop and I couldn't let go.......until I left:(. Made me think twice about getting a Dean(which is what I intended on getting). The emg's were great. I haven't bought this axe yet. I want to here you opinions and how you like this guitar. Pics of yours too(if you have some). Thanks, Jeremy
uberwigget

anyone?

andrei

it may be neckheawy; the only minus i can think of.

other than that, if you like the feel&sound, go for it!

Madness

^^^Yup, just a bit...nothing a thick strap can't fix though...at least for me.

uberwigget

Thanks! Those pics are great imo. By bright what do you mean?

It may be neck heavy?

OutlawTorn

i have an EX and the thing is NECK HEAVY!!!!!! ive played an FX-250 and its very light and balanced plus the coil tap feature adds an alternate sound i cant get with my stock EX

uberwigget

seriously?? Huh I guess either it wasn't neck heavy for me or i never noticed.

edit - oh you mean the ex was back heavy?

andrei

when your standing up, with a slippery nylon strap, not holding the guitar, the neck tends to dive... => "neck heavy".

don't think a rough leather strap is an appropriate solution (grips to the clothes - doesn't work for me).
another solution is to move the strap button. (whitch also may or may not work - i've fixed it to some extent)

but i do think it's also a matter of luck: the density/weight of the wood used in the body.
so you may be the lucky bastard who found a well balanced one.

Madness

Thanks Uberwigget. By bright I mean that the higher frequency's seem to be more accentuated than the lows on mine...hence it has a "brighter" sound to it. They also seem to be sharper and a bit more shrill than I'm used to. I like my highs to be softer and more rounded.
don't think a rough leather strap is an appropriate solution (grips to the clothes - doesn't work for me).
another solution is to move the strap button. (whitch also may or may not work - i've fixed it to some extent)

Mine is very light so a strap remedied it for me. I was very suprised, especially when you consider the size of the body. I agree, if the problem is more severe then the button will probably need to be relocated but, I would try a strap before I would drill another hole in the guitar.....that's just me.

Bridge The Void

My local shop has an FX-260 which I really want, but its set up so badly I can't justify paying for it.

I tried it next to some EX's and was surprised that it didn't neck dive at all. I don't know why either, it just...erm...didn't.

uberwigget

Cool thanks again guys. I guess the fx they(store) had was well balanced. But as soon as I buy it I'll put it to the real test. As for it being light as Madness said, I was also surprised by how light weight it was.

If anyone else has any comments or anything, please go ahead and post them if you'd like.

Thanks again

Post to Thread