Neck dimensions

Updated
Dryope
so a couple of month i went out to to do a quick test drive of an MH400 NT as a backup for my horirzon nt II since it looks the same an should have the neck spec a smy ESP (according to the chart that was posted here sometime ago). while i played it i immedeatly noticed that the shape of the neck wasn´t the same. although it should be a thin U it was more like a thin D...so far so good: then i went on to try out the MH400 with the floyd..an guess what: the neck feels (profile wise) exactly the same as my ESP. i talked to the sales rep an i clearly stated to me that my impression was right, that the neck profiles on the MH400 NT and MH400 i tested were different although they should (according to the model catalog, website) sould be the same...like my horizon. as i´m nobody to recognize only very sublte difference i must assume that these necke differed quite a bit. So my problem is a follow: i want a REAL backup for my ESP when gigging, which means i want quitar that plays (almost) the same as my main axe. and i don´t want a floyd.....so does anybody on this forum know whether these differences are normal (although the neck profiles should be, by description, the same) OR if the MH400 NT i tested was a one one gone "bad"???? Could somebody shed some light please ?
Gfunk

Just get another NT-II and be sure.

Dryope

yeah.....i thought about that, bute given the fact that i just purchased my first tube ambp for more than 3 thousand euro i jsut can´t justify buying a guitar for more than 1.5 k....therefore im hoping for a jon donais LTD signature which should be a fair bit cheaper

InVinoVeritasXXX

Can someone explain how a U is different in curvature from a D? Imean C, V, and U, those I get, but a D and a U basically have the same curve to them, at least in this font :P

Post to Thread