EX400 vs. MH 400NT

Updated
EX400 vs. MH 400NT
Hi, I have an EX 400 and, although I love how it plays and sounds, I just can't get used to the neck dive and how uncomfortable it is when you play it while sitting. That's why I am thinking about switching to an MH400NT. Will there be a huge difference in terms of sound and playability between the two of them? Unfortunatelly there are not too many ESP retailers where I live now, so it is not possible go and try them both side by side. If any of you has played'em both, it would be great if you could let me know what you think. Cheers!
Microdomus

1. Change the strap location
2. Get used to the uncomfortable feelings,`cos remember...you are creating: ART! ;-)

espSpain

Thanks Microdomus! Is there an easy way to move the strap button? If so, where should I place it. Anyone with pics would mind to post them? Thnx.

tee5150ii

I own and play both regularly. As far as in home playing/practicing/writing I prefer the MH simply because it's easier to sit down with and is lighter. I love using the EX for live shows or band practice when I'm going to be on my feet and standing up while playing. Technically the neck dive doesn't bother me at all...might be because I hold mine relatively high, but even then I don't usually find the dive bothersome.

Sound wise I couldn't really distinguish them other than the pickups since my MH has an 85 in the neck and the EX has the 60...so besides that I really wouldn't say they vary much tonally.

Since lately I've been just sitting in my room and writing new material for my band since we're currently crippled without a drummer, I've been playing the MH a lot more in the past weeks. That being said, both are great guitars and if you can fix the neck dive issue with the strap button relocation, I would recommend just holding onto that, but if you're looking for something just different without sacrificing tone/quality, the MH should suit you well. Hope that helps.

espSpain

Thanks guys! That was really helpful! The only problem is that after reading Tee's post, I feel like asking Santa for an MH. However, I will refrain from getting one, otherwise the missus would beat the shit out of me. Any ideas on where to hide the guitar? ;-)

kebsis

when the missus finds it, she'll show you where to hide it ;)

Post to Thread