400VF or 1000?

Updated
InVinoVeritasXXX
After some deliberation, I've decided on an Eclipse as my next guitar. However, I can't decide on whether I should get a 400VF in Tobacco Sunburst or a 1000 in blue or green. Advantages: 400VF: 240 bucks cheaper, comes with SD's (I've never tried out actives, so I might just end up swapping out the pups if I get the 1000) 1000: Better hardware, shinier, lightweight, and blue/green goodness (which is the major motivating factor for the 1000, at least in my case) Any thoughts from you all?
ShreddyMcFunTits

With what you've said I'd go for the 400VF.

andrei

i'd take the VF anyday.
22 frets ftw!

(allthou i preffer the older AT model)

JeanPaul du Vinnie

With those reasons you've listed, there's no way we can give you decent information... you never tried passives so I don't even know what the good in that is, and the colours...

Anyway, if I have to give you any advice I'd say go for the 1000, as you seem to want a light weight guitar, which the VF is definately not. Kickass guitar though, but radically different.

load more replies (1 of 1)
andrei

the only thing i don't like about the VF's are the colors...
(that's why i preffer the AT series)

shure, EMG's are also my first choice, but duncans still hold their ground.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Alright, so a third option has reared its head, that being to just monkey up for an Eclipse II. It'd take a while longer to procure the funds, but the genuine thing would be pretty damn sweet.

idpmofo

if ya like the blue/green look, I'd go for the 1000s. Both should sound great, just different. Since youre fairly new to playing, I'd definitely lean towards the one that you'll wanna play more often...and for me, that's always the one that looks the coolest.

go try out an ESP with EMGs first. Someone people love them and some prefer SDs.

andrei

the Eclipse II is the best choice and certainly worth the extra cash...
(that's why it says "ESP" on the headstock)

it's up to you... how much you want / are willing to spend.

takesnogutz666

slipknot is fucking gay.

InVinoVeritasXXX

slipknot is fucking gay.
+1

andrei

dude,

if you want/need a high end, top of the line guitar, get the ESP.

if you want/need a good instrument at an affordable price, great value for the money, get the LTD.

the only thing you may argue about is if the difference between the 400 and the 1000 is worth the cash.
for me, it isn't.
it may be for you, the looks, emg's, 24 frets... .

asbloodrunsblack

this isnt meant at all offensively , but if as u said , u just play power chords and some single notes when u can , then i dont think u should buy an eclipse II , i'd go for the 1000 . brilliant value for money

InVinoVeritasXXX

this isnt meant at all offensively , but if as u said , u just play power chords and some single notes when u can , then i dont think u should buy an eclipse II , i'd go for the 1000 . brilliant value for money

Dude, that's just where my level of skill is at now. I'm sure I'll get better with more practice, and I've been considering finding a tutor.

andrei

if you're a beginner, pick up a LTD (400/1k).
they're great instruments.

you may practice and improve your skill and in 1-2 years you'll know what ESP fits your needs and style best. (Eclipse, M, Viper,... )

InVinoVeritasXXX

you may practice and improve your skill and in 1-2 years you'll know what ESP fits your needs and style best. (Eclipse, M, Viper,... )
Well, despite my lack of skill, I'm already well aware of what kind of guitars I prefer. For one thing, and this is just an idiosynchrasy(sp?), but I hate the Soloist/Strat/Dinky body shape. It just bugs me. I've always liked Gibson's body styles more. My main impetus for an Eclipse though is a maple top, something which the SG/Viper tends to lack.

Boogie: Whoever stole your band's gear in Portland did the world a favor.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

I've been playing for twelve years now and the 400 does me good enough. They're not just beginner guitars. Just depends on what you're after, if you're looking for a top of the line guitar it maybe won't do, but it does it job great.

Post to Thread