need some suggestions~~~~F 104 or 254 or the B series?

Updated
docfreak
i am looking for an ltd bass guitar F254 is looking good to me i have started learning bass for a year only and i only do metal rock musics... how well does the F series play comparing with the B series? and is F254 a good choice? or F104 will be fine? however the songs i play usually involved the 5th string (low B string) and never involve the high G string but i don't want to get a 5 string (4 string is cheaper and lighter and i reckon 4 string looks better too........) so is it possible to have the F254 modified...? as in having the top 4 strings of a 5 string (BEAD) on the F series 4 string bass guitar? (in fact the bassist in the band (The GazettE)i like have this setting, he is using an ESP RF-00) I would like to hear some suggestions and comments~ thanks~~~ P.S. I am a chinese so please don't mind my bad english~~~ ;)
arsiscode

I would suggest a better model, 400 series or higher, unless it's out of your price range. Also, you can have the bottom 4 strings of a five string on a four string. Just use the proper gauge (thickness) of strings (buy strings in packs for five and throw away the high G string). I would also recommend a set up due to tension changes.

docfreak

I would suggest a better model, 400 series or higher, unless it's out of your price range. Also, you can have the bottom 4 strings of a five string on a four string. Just use the proper gauge (thickness) of strings (buy strings in packs for five and throw away the high G string). I would also recommend a set up due to tension changes.

um...the price of the F 254 is about what i would expect~
and i like the shape of it as well~
can I have the shop to do the set up for me?
not good at changing this and that~~
will that cost a lot?
and thanks for the suggestions~;)

N3rdAl3rt

b-404

bloodstyle

I dont know about these basses, but I recomend you to start practicing some blues and jazz bass method and learn to solo. Even if you don't like blues or jazz.. it is so fun to play :)

ShreddyMcFunTits

The F series has a longer scale length than the B series so will be better suited for lower tunings (e.g. 5 string tuning on a 4 string).

bltandsoup

F series for sure. Setup's don't cost a lot of money, shouldn't be anymore than 60 dollars max.

What I would make sure about though, if you're using a pack of 5 strings on your 4 string bass and throwing away the high G, make sure the larger gauge fits in the nut of the bass. I ran into this problem when I bought a baritone guitar and got a really heavy string gauge... the strings didn't fit into the nut grooves.

Post to Thread