Question on bought today LTD EC-50

Updated
Duffy
Today I bought a EC-50, nice guitar, plain, but with tobacco sunburst finish on the top. Does anyone know if this is a contact paper or photo finish they put on these. It is certainly beautiful. I personally don't like photo finishes and am curious as to if it is real wood on the top or some fake replication. Some of these companies are tricky and put photo finishes on to simulate fancy wood grains. Maybe it's just my generation and the psychedelic influences that turn me off to contact paper and fake finishes. I like real wood on my guitars. Anybody know what I mean? Any help in providing info on what they really put on the top of the EC-50 tobacco sunburst to make the sunburst finish is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks, Duffy Winfield, Pa Playing through a Behringer GM-110 a lot lately at home. It's an analog modelling amp, 30 ss watts. Great tone. Also have other guitars and amps including a tweed HRD, and VOX Pathfinder 15R (nice practice amp), and Crate Flexwave 15R also nice. Some SX strat copies that play surprisingly nice, one with hot rails (modded by me) and Fender locking tuners (nice).
N3rdAl3rt

dude its a 50, get a EC-400VF, don't waste your time or money on a 50 unless ur just starting out guitar or something

JeanPaul du Vinnie

The man just bought a new guitar, he doesn't want to hear about what you think he should get instead. Answer his fucking question or don't say anything at all.

But no Duffy, that certainly is a fake top. But who cares as long as it looks good?

takesnogutz666

yeah honestly agathis isnt THAT bad. i have a 100 series and a 500 series, the tonal difference isnt as much as people say especially seeing they both have EMGs in them which colors the tone. and the whole guitar is around the price a maple cap would cost alone. so the 100 series has a veneer which still looks very nice.

Duffy

I got both the EC fifty and the H one zero one fm.

They are both great for me. The EC is heavy but sounds deep and strong. The H is very much lighter and is really neat with the new headstock and flamed maple veneer it looks cool. The H plays really well and fits my hand so the chords just fall right into place with little work. Both of them have the type necks I like, not like base ball bats.

The H plays great and I use it a lot because it is light and sounds great with the sustain being a little better with the string through, seemingly. It has a lighter, lilting type of a sound to some extent.

I bought a Digitech RP three fifty today. This is a serious item. It produces some great tones and has a great drum selection. I have only played it through the clean channel of my new Crate Flextone fifteen R with a twelve inch speaker. It is quiet and just one evening of playing already set up sounds I have been able to produce some very pleasing sounds. I like the wah pedal a lot and it is also a volume pedal and does other things to some of the other effects.

It is mostly a mystery to me at this point and I'm just drifting accross the surface of the thing. It has quite a bit of depth that I need to figure out how to get into. The manual is minimal for information. There is probably a club or discussion forum that focuses just on it and it's similar products.

I really like those two inexpensive LTD's. I just got a Fender Highway one and should play it more but I like the beautiful look of the LTD's; a really unusually nice tobacco sunburst EC and a really nice looking amber sunburst H. I'm selling some of my cheaper guitars that are really nice even though they were cheap. I'm also selling off some of my pedals and at least one amp. I'm moving up in quality and getting rid of some of the lesser quality stuff, even though a lot of you guys think that thes LTD's are low quality. They are better quality than you think they are. I have some good amps and that helps bring out their best attributes.

Anybody try a Digitech RP three fifty?

Duffy

Metaldude30

Sweet bro! Sounds like you're happy with what you got man. I've had 3 50 series guitars and I loved every one of them, they are great guitars for the money and if you're like most people it's what you can afford so don't let any of the guys here bust your chops for owning a 50 series!

SpiderPig

I gotta say too, you chose the right guitar. I have same one, but it has the old pickups. And it is a great guitar for the money, the neck is perfect and the sound is damn-didly-great!

Post to Thread