upgrading pick ups

Updated
ash
Hey guys I'm new here so hello to everyone! I've got an ltd ex400 which currently has Mightymite MB pickups. My question is how does everyone rate these pickups and is there a reasonably priced upgraded available? I've been playing for about 4 years but never got into the technical side of pickups, locking systems etc etc.. so excuse my ignorance! Any info would be awesome guys. Cheers. ash.
JonTKK

firstly... welcome! you have a nice name (heehee)

firstly... about yr ax... kudos on getting the 400... pretty stable that one

but i'm quite puzzled, how did that end up with the motherbuckers?
motherbuckers are ok for the price (35 bucks a set here), but nothing beats premium pickups

so, before i can help ya out, why dont you enlighten me a little in the exact style of music you play, what strings you use, what amp and lastly what is yr idea of the "perfect" tone... i'll take it from there...

welcome again

ash

^^Never heard of them. Can you get em anywhere? Also do ya know where to get emg's in aus? Sorry if these are nob questions

ash

Thanks dude I'll check out e bay now and get all excited!
i'll post some pics of my axe soon.

ash

Champion

ash

Man I'm pumped now! Emg 81 for the bridge but what should I get for the neck?

ash

Yer, I'm going to buy them next week. Is it something you can install yourself? I'm a mechanic by trade so hopefully I'll be able to do it. Where soes the battery pack go?

ash

Cheers man I'll look into that.

ash

Yeah man I'll have pics up soon I just gotta get my digi camera back and I'll post em up.

Jan S.

dude, learn how to link properly :p

ash

Sorry I don't know what happened there. Can't seem to get them to work

ash

Try now

Jan S.

much better :)

ash

^^Yep I'm excited beacuse I'm getting them soon so can't wait!! I think I'll go emg 81's in both positions. Also is it true you flatten the battery by leaving your lead plugged in the guitar when not in use?

ash

^^ Thanks smash.

ash

Well I ended up getting 2 emg 81's installed today and f$ck me they are truly unbelievable compared to the motherbuckers I had before. I had high expectations about them and they were even better than I thought!!

Thanks to the guys who gave me advice on this thread I'm stoked. :-)

Post to Thread