M Series Question

Updated
Joe_Bradburry
I'm currently looking at buying an M-1000, but I'm wondering if it would be just as good to buy an M-200FM and upgrade the parts. Is this a good idea, or should i just save my money for the M-1000?
N3rdAl3rt

save ur money for the m1000 for sure

BrazilianBootyLover

M 1000!

Joe_Bradburry

thats what i was more leaning twards anyway

Interloper

Not sure what the going price is on a new M1000 but my advice is if you are going to buy a 1000 series guitar, then you might as well save a few hundred more and get a standard series guitar. I bought 2 1000 series guitars and in the end I sold them both to pay for my standard.

load more replies (1 of 1)
takesnogutz666

with the m200 and m1000 the quality is a huge difference. with all the upgrades you can do to an m200 theres nothing you can do about the agathis body.

Joe_Bradburry

with the m200 and m1000 the quality is a huge difference. with all the upgrades you can do to an m200 theres nothing you can do about the agathis body.
good point.

ShreddyKrueger

yeah you should save up for a standard series. my MII is undoubtedly the most amazing guitar ever and no 1000 series will ever compare. so yeah, if you're on a strap for cash get the 1000 but if you want a heavenly guitar get a standard series. also, agathis does do the job, but it's not the best wood. i also have my first guitar, the m100fm and i still use that right along with the MII. so yeah i don't mind agathis.

Joe_Bradburry

yeah you should save up for a standard series. my MII is undoubtedly the most amazing guitar ever and no 1000 series will ever compare. so yeah, if you're on a strap for cash get the 1000 but if you want a heavenly guitar get a standard series. also, agathis does do the job, but it's not the best wood. i also have my first guitar, the m100fm and i still use that right along with the MII. so yeah i don't mind agathis.

i didnt know there was that big of a difference between them other than the name and how they were made(hand made v.s. assembly line). do you have the NTB or the bolty?

Joe_Bradburry

could anyone compare the thickness of the M-1000(or an M-II) neck to say, an ibanez Wizard-II neck?

BrazilianBootyLover

could anyone compare the thickness of the M-1000(or an M-II) neck to say, an ibanez Wizard-II neck?

Its just a neck. You will get use to it. :)

Joe_Bradburry

good point. pwnt again! :p

ShreddyKrueger

ahhhhh........ every time i see that neck joint i remember how much i love neck-thru........

Joe_Bradburry

man, i love that guitar!!! well, obviousely the M-200fm is way out of the question at this point, so now i just need to get a friggin job!

Joe_Bradburry

^o.k. thanks, bro! i could use a little thicker of a neck for chording.

moosemeister

damn...the m1000 is a pretty nice guitar...

Butch

m 1000 is a sweet axe minus the abalone. I'd say a M400 is good bang for buck as well, if u can find one!!!

Post to Thread