alexi-200?

Updated
takesnogutz666
im in need of a cheap stage guitar (nothing too expensive) with a floyd... im not sure what i should get. my choices are either the alexi-200, kh-202, m-200, m-400, or mh-250. does anybody have any suggestions? or anything on the alexi-200 specifically (feel, sound, durability, neck dive)
N3rdAl3rt

i'd go for a kh202

DUKE

i own the alexi-200 and i like it a lot. BUT... i suggest you get either the kh-202 or m-400 since a neck pickup would be better.

the m-200 or mh-250 are great too, but you probably won't like it because of the agathis body anyone else here can second that.

MyApocalypse

So i recently got my hands on an Eclipse made in 05. It came stock with sperzels, but the deal clincher was that the dude got to keep them. He left me with some gotoh/grover style tuners, and as we know, the installation process is different..I'm not interested in drilling the extra holes, and i have a set of sperzels on the way.

Basically what i'm asking is, in the meantime, do i string it up with the grover/gotoh tuners? I've heard they may slant..is this bad for the guitar?

Or, would it be better to leave it unstrung until the sperzels arrive?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

load more replies (6 of 6)
N3rdAl3rt

actually go for the m-400 for alder and set thru

idpmofo

I'd say dont buy the KH-202 bc EVERY tool out there owns one(KH-whatever). Everytime I walk into a guitar store, they have 4 or 5 used KH models.
If your not gonna get the HZ pickup, I wouldnt buy the Alexi.

I'd obviously choose the 400.

capoeiraesp

I had a look at an alexi-200 today, and that's a real ugly guitar in the plain black. I love the rv's and high end alexis but that thing looked cheap, mainly cause it is. If you can get an m-400 you'd be much better off, woods, emgs, set-thru etc.

asbloodrunsblack

m 400 man

takesnogutz666

thanks for the info... does the m-400 feel anything like the kh-202?

DixSerina

thanks for the info... does the m-400 feel anything like the kh-202?

I wouldn't be worried about it feeling like the KH-202, it'll feel and sound better.

metal-gilly

Hey man, i have an M200, its great! I love it! Great for battering about on. But i would definitely say to get the M400, its really worth it.
I've never played the KH202, but to be honest I'd say theyd feel pretty alike.

Post to Thread