So I'm getting this lovely, Lovely amp next week.

Updated
Dr_Jihad
And I need to know if you all know anything about it. That and how dangerous are lead-acid Batteries? Pignose Hog 30 Recharging Portable Amp
deftoneskidd

lead+acid=you answered your own question :-)

Velt017

So, I've been wanting another V with sharp edges. I do love my ESP guitars so ESP is of course my first choice, I have a few options and I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

a used V-350 with a Blackout in the bridge and a pearlygates in the neck. This will cost me about $400 but I will get a case with it. I am slightly concerned as I have never played it because I found it on craigslist and it essentially could show up and be junk.

A new V-401DX - I am good friends with a ESP dealer around here and he would probably get me a new one for about $650 plus tax, I would have to buy a case for it, but again he'd get me one for about $60. My worry about the 401 DX is that I have not played any of the new 401 series and I understand that they are now made in Indonesia which also concerns me. I'm also not a huge fan of the maple top as it seems to make guitars sound to sharp to me. Anyone played a V-401DX and have any opinions on it?

I am also not too keen on it showing up with 2 EMG 81s. I like the 81 in the bridge, but I really do not like the 81 in the neck.

A new Phil Demmel Demmelition King V - I know its not an ESP, but it has all the specs I would want and for about $1200 with a case, it is by far the safest bet, however by far the most expensive choice. I also don't know how much I love the extra cuts in the wings of the V.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or input, I would love to hear it.

load more replies (4 of 4)
metalhobo

They are not dangerous if they are well-sealed. Most car batteries are lead-acid.

Post to Thread