Just a couple of questions...

Updated
Dr_Jihad
I'm just starting out on Bass, coming in from the Drums. I'm thinking about getting the ESP F-104 Bass in Olympic White. But I have a few questions about this bass, Is it active or passive? I heard somewhere that the ESP Factory strings suck, Even if they dont what strings should I replace them with, and how do I replace the strings? Can I use an ordinary case with the F-104 or should I get the Brand Case? And finally, what should I look out for on this bass? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
N3rdAl3rt

Is it active or passive?

Passive

what strings should I replace them with

thats personal preference

how do I replace the strings?
google maybe?

Can I use an ordinary case with the F-104 or should I get the Brand Case?
"ordinary" cases should fit, brand cases are nice too, your choice really

And finally, what should I look out for on this bass?
nothing really that i know of

Dr_Jihad

Alright, thanks for the answers. Why is bass hi-lighted in red?

metalhobo

because you searched for it. delete the "&highlight=bass" from the URL bar.

B1ackD3at4

I heard somewhere that the ESP Factory strings suck, Even if they dont what strings should I replace them with, and how do I replace the strings?

Thats totally up too you. I haven't changed from the stock strings on my F-254 and they sound just fine. For how to replace them, google it or go to your local music store and ask em to show you.

Depends on the word "ordinary." Id check before buying the case, but as long as its not fitted to any particular shape you should be fine.

Dr_Jihad

Thats totally up too you. I haven't changed from the stock strings on my F-254 and they sound just fine. For how to replace them, google it or go to your local music store and ask em to show you.

Depends on the word "ordinary." Id check before buying the case, but as long as its not fitted to any particular shape you should be fine.

Aight' thanks for the info, just wondering but what kind of amp do you play with, what tuning do you use and any kind of effects? I don't mean to be a bother, but this is all relatively new to me.

B1ackD3at4

Tuning really depends on the sound of the song, but majority of the time I have the F-254 in d standard. As for amp, for a good starter amp you'll have to get some more opinions, atm I use a fender rumble 25 which I got at a pawn shop for $100, but if really all depends on where you'll be playing the most. As far as effects are concerned, if your just starting out I wouldn't worry about it all the much. Maybe later on get a chorus or flanger.

asbloodrunsblack

Is it active or passive?
passive

I heard somewhere that the ESP Factory strings suck, Even if they dont what strings should I replace them with, and how do I replace the strings?
most strings are the same standard , part from like DR handmade . if you get a manual or something it'll tell u , but you will either put them through the back of the body and up to the machine heads , or the back of the bridge up to the machine heads

ordinary cases will fit , brand cases are pretty nice though :p

And finally, what should I look out for on this bass?
anything gay looking will be only cosmetic ( usually ) but just try and get a good price lol

Post to Thread