Satin Finish fades?

Updated
idpmofo
Read a couple of posts that claim the satin finish will fade. Whats the best way to make it last ALAP? btw, I have an EC-500s on order. I hate ESP flag inlays.
ibanezaholic

remember the gothic gibsons why do you think they stopped making them. the finishs would start getting glossy.

KH Guitar Freak

It's a bit different from plain clearcoat guitars as even though the satin will turn glossy, they are less prone to being sticky...

Think like those vintage Fender necks that were satin matte like, but have turn very glossy over time...

They still are very smooth and fast necks...

MV-CTM

your mate has a weird arm position man

KH Guitar Freak

your mate has a weird arm position man

Maybe he tilts it like Zakk does??? :p

load more replies (1 of 1)
takesnogutz666

the wear on my viper is not that bad... it just looks a little shiney after a while. the only thing that really pisses me off about it is that the neck isnt all silky the way it was when i bought it... but ive have mine for 3 months and there hasnt been much wear. just on the neck. and i abuse the thing for an hour or two a day. dont base a decision on buying a guitar around something as trivial as this. if anything, it makes the guitar look cooler. what you should base your decision on sound and playability.

rockinhockey

Ive heard that the neck gets faster after it wears down a bit.

Post to Thread