Viper -- weight support question

Updated
m1ke
I recently got a ESP Viper 1000.. the sound is amazing altho I'm finding it very hard to play.. Because of the shape and position of the strap-bolt, the guitar is constantly pulling down -- if left untouched it falls so the neck is virtually in line with my hips. I'm finding this a serious problem -- particularly as I suffer from RSI. To pull the neck further towards my chest, my hand has to take the weight of the guitar and pull it as well as fretting. Already on day 1 I'm feeling it.. Is there anything I can do to keep the neck up and stop it falling down? Thanks a lot Mike
smorgdonkey

Put the strap button on the horn if it is at the neck heel.

pj85

Hi all,

I'm selling my LTD ESP EC 1000 (upgrading) and was wondering at around what price I should sell?

It's only a couple of months old, EMG 81+60 etc.

Got it for just over £800 new - and ideas? No case also!

Thanks

load more replies (5 of 5)
Mr Pigwalk

I've said it a million times.

Not EVERY Viper will balance with the strap button on the same place. Don't go drilling until you find out exactly where to balance at.

metalhobo

It's a wood-screw... you shouldn't need to drill anything. Just drive the screw (although you probably do want to make a pilot-hole)

Armitage

It's a wood-screw... you shouldn't need to drill anything. Just drive the screw (although you probably do want to make a pilot-hole)

You should ALWAYS drill a pilot hole first.

load more replies (2 of 2)
m1ke

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys :) I've ordered a 3 inch leather strap and plan to move the strap button closer to the horn as well.. thanks

Kevin G.

Do all the VIper Models neck dive with the stock location of the strap button 2" behind the tip or the horn?   It seems this issue would be fixed by ESP.    

Post to Thread