Mh250nt

Updated
Shreddy
Anyone here got one of these? i need some input
Rohis

What do you need to know?

Shreddy

Yep, Basically everything there is to know about it.

Peter

Hi to all you good people! I am new to the world of ESP guitars. I have ESP Custom Guitar shop strat, with serial 91522, any info will be big help. Is it original, year of production, is it made in the us... I hope to manage to attach pictures. Thanks. Peter.
P.S. I tryed to contact ESP support but when i click on "submit" i get "The page cannot be found", whats up with that?

load more replies (4 of 4)
Shreddy

is Agathis as bad as people say it is?

ShreddyMcFunTits

is Agathis as bad as people say it is?

No but it is not as nice sounding as basswood and is totally obliterated by mahogany and alder.

Your best bet would be to pick up a cheaper 200/300 series from ebay.

200 series are usually basswood
300 is mahogany (except the M series which is Alder)

N3rdAl3rt

go for 400

Shreddy

I already have a good guitar - alexi. I don't need to spend that extra for another. And im paying 700$ for this anyway

Shreddy

Wow, a 260 with mahogony. I don't think we get those here.

Shreddy

Yeah, since yoiu mentioned PRS SE, we have 2 at our local store and i must say that they are very crappy. Low quality. Bad paint job and very average hardware and pickups.

And as for topid ill just go with the 250NT

Shreddy

I didnt play the Santana SE for that long. But i played a Singlecut SE for quite some time and i would never buy it. The Santana SE was quite different from the Singlecut actually. Had a more tonal punch to it. Can't explain...:P

Madness

I've got one and like it. Needs a fret dressing though...it has some buzzing in the upper frets. No big deal since it isn't my main player, so I will do it when I get a free chance. I changed the pickups in it too. (SD JB/59 combo.) From what I've heard, these guitars are hit or miss.

Shreddy

Oh :(. I hope i hit. :) . I plan on swapping the pickups to the JB and 59 combo as well. In the future though.

craigercj

If you're going to spend the money to swap pickups anyways, get a higher level guitar with the pickups you want..

The MH400's I've played are waaaaay better than the 250.. fit, finish, feel, playability etc. Worth the wait if you need to save up more.

Shreddy

I need something quick man. Guys! Im getting the MH250NT...thats it :)

Robotsatemygrandma

Grab a used 300 series... one of the best bang for the buck guitars. It plays like a 400 series (which it is) just set up with cheap electronics (EMG HZ humbuckers... ugh).

But I think a neck thru like the 250 the Agathis doesn't really matter because a majority of the tone and sustain is mainly coming from the Maple. It certainly sounds better then a 50/100 series.

Mr Pigwalk

Grab a used 300 series... one of the best bang for the buck guitars. It plays like a 400 series (which it is) just set up with cheap electronics (EMG HZ humbuckers... ugh).

Not being a user of actives, I DEFINATELY prefer the 300's. It's alot easier for me to just swap out the HZ's to something of my liking instead of changing ALL the electronics.

Shreddy

"It certainly sounds better then a 50/100 series."

That's all i wanted :D . I don't need a 400 series guitar. I've got my Edwards for that. I need a beater.

Shreddy

Ook, thing is i wont be able to find any 300s within a few countries around.

Post to Thread