The AX-400

Updated
EchoSix
I need another guitar for different tuning since I only have one (floyd rose) set to standard. What do you guys think about the AX-400, any good? And how much does it cost, around $800? Thanks.
N3rdAl3rt

get something that has a shape thats not stupid

Radiopools

get something that has a shape thats not stupid

QFT...

ShreddyMcFunTits

The AX-400 is a nice axe for the money, as are most if not all of the 400/500 series. Just because some attention whores don't like the shape doesn't mean you shouldn't get one. If you like the look of it, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

bloodstyle

i have an ax-400 and it sounds really really really really great!! the price worth it. trust me. plus : the shape is soooooo cool and the tribal inlay is so nice too. the clean sounds sound as clean as a blues guitar and the disortion is so hard. could compare to lamb of god or children of bodom. but still the sound depend on the amplifier too. i have a Roland 30x Cube and its great. should get the 60 if u want to play on a stage but u can do it with 30 too. i really appreciate my ax-400 and if it would be theft ill buy another one for sure.

EchoSix

Thanks for the info. I have two more questions. How does it play when sitting down? I'm wondering if it is confortable to play since the shape of the body is different from the rest of the ESP guitars. If I leave it at Drop C or D standard, will I have to adjust the bridge or tension since it is set to Standard.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dark Alone

I'm sure it's easy to play sitting down. Haven't any of you played a Warlock before? Noobs.

galacticat

I play bass but am interested in taking on some rhythm guitar since I think working with the chords will aid my overall composition skills. My bass is a Standard Surveyor, and I absolutely love it. The build quality, versatility, and overall feel have made me a devoted ESP loyalist. Since I've been so happy with my Standard , I'd really like to stick with ESP for my 6-string as well. Man, I don't know jack about 6-strings. All I *think* I know is that for rhythm guitar, I'll want something with a good humbucker. The guitar I purchase with get zero mileage for anything other than as a chord machine. I was looking over pickup specs on various ESP Standard models, and my assumption is that either the Eclipse or the Viper might be best suited for a pure rhythm purpose. Any other models worth considering?

load more replies (10 of 15)
ShreddyMcFunTits

no, I was never noob enough to play one.

Dark Alone

Pff... Warlocks rule.

ShreddyMcFunTits

Pff... Warlocks rule.

Not the cheap tacky ones I'm referring to.

Though I was going to get one of those red Acrylic warlocks (guess why), but I never did in the end.

ShreddyMcFunTits

specs and how much?

Miguel

When I'm playing, my jmp 1 will stop sending the signal but will remain on. I have never had any problems with it before.
- Do you guys think this could this be that the tubes need to be changed, or do you think it is malfunctioning and I should get it checked??

Thanks!

load more replies (2 of 2)
Dark Alone

EMG-81/60
Basswood body
Maple neck
Rosewood board (which I dyed)
LFR trem
Cosmo black hardware
2 Vol, 1 tone, 3 way switch
Still in great shape, only some tiny dings in the lower points.

No idea what I'd want for it though.

ShreddyMcFunTits

I'll give you 3 shiny tuppence for it.

Dark Alone

Yeah... I think it's worth a little more. ;)

ShreddyMcFunTits

not interested.

unless you put a Full Shred and 59 in it then I'll think about taking it off your hands, for a price.

bloodstyle

There's no probleme playing sit down even if you don't play like a V guitar. when u play sit down, you are not suppose to put extreme pression on your torso. since i'm a classic guitar player, i play better sit down than stand up.

I let my guitar to drop C tuning to practice "sixpounder" of Children Of Bodom and i don't have any problem with it.

EchoSix

Thanks blood that's just what I needed to know. Btw, what string guage are you using for Drop C?

load more replies (1 of 1)
asbloodrunsblack

fair play , cheap warlocks SUCK lol specially those body art ones they had :\ , but i got one of the good mick thomson warlocks , neck thru mahogany emg81+60 etc. SO good i love it

Post to Thread