Ltd Mh-417

Updated
Ltd Mh-417

Looking to aquire a 7 string and would be my first. I know there are probably better and more expensive models but im not a signature model type and dont want to go "high roller" on a mistake. Mh-417 seems to fit the bill. Anyone with experience or complaints? Ive never played with a 7 so any info on learning curve is appreciated. Strange that ive seen these mostly listed as made in Indonesia or China but more recent serials seem to point to Korea. Imo Korean Ltd's are unmatched. Opinions?

jt76

check out the ltd h1007,  korean ltds are unmatched unless you find the cash for a real japanese esp. 

jt76

as far as I know the ltd mh 417's are made in indonesia,  the ltd h1007 is made in korea. if you want korean you might want to look for a used ltd h207 from the late 90's  these were made in korea.  They came with duncan design pickups which are ok if you are just trying to find out if you like 7 strings.  They are very well made and usually sell quite cheap.  There is a ltd h307 that is neck thru and came with emg hz pickups, also made in korea, i don't see these come around often and when i do they are not cheap.  there are also m versions,  I owned a m207, it was a great guitar but it had a cheap floyd on it that did not handle heavy bending well.  the mh417 has active emg's in it and are neck thru, they play very nice and seem well constructed even though they are not from korea.  I was seriously considering a mh417 for a while, but ended up buying an ltd alex wade 7 instead.   

v8rman

Thanks for the info. Now that im older i get what people used to talk about with getting past the looks and paying more attention to the subtle things like neck thru vs set thru, woods used and such. Esp model is alot of dough. The 417 seems nice as does the 1007 you mentioned. Im not big on sigs but that Wade looks nice and i cant help but look closer at the Householder model. Know anyone with one?

load more replies (2 of 2)
Bennesto

I played an MH-417, playability was nice, neckprofile very comfortable. Disliked the feel of the fretboard, but that was personal taste. Sound was nice, a bit chunky, but okay. I had problems with the tonepoti getting loose after 6 months of regular playing. But I don't think that is a common problem of that guitar.

Alec M.

My main axe is a MH-417 and I love it.  It was made in China which most guitarists frown upon but I haven't had any problems with it. The neck is very comfortable and the EMGs sound great. I've been gigging pretty regularly with it for the past 2 years in a Death Metal band and it hasn't given me any tuning or intonation issues thus far. I've even started incorporating softer parts in my songs and it sounds really nice through my amp's clean channel despite being marketed as a metal guitar. I'd definitely recommend it. It's a bit pricier than the Ibanez RGA7 that I had before but it plays and sounds way better.

As for the 6 string to 7 string learning curve; I played 5 string bass for about 7 years before I picked up a 7 string guitar so the move was a bit easier for me as I was already used to the low B. I found it helped a lot to simply extend whatever scales you may like to practice downward to incorporate the extra string. Finding ways to incorporate it into barre chords when playing clean or low-gain parts can add a lot of depth to your sound as well.

John Paulus S.

Yes sir, same here. My mh-417 is play as yours. So perfect. And its made in china.. same specs, earvanna nut, black satin, grover tuners, rosewood fret board, tom w/string thru bridge, emg 81-7 / 707, and mahogany body, and it has a esp hardcase...all i wanted to know is

Is this guitar are legit or fake?

But the mall price here in philppines is 50k + pesos in lyric guitar.

Pushead

It's legit.

Post to Thread