Information about vintage ESP Horizon CTM

Updated
Information about vintage ESP Horizon CTM

I am looking for information about my ESP Horizon.

I purchased a wonderful ESP Horizon guitar. According to the previous owner - this model is a CTM series.
But more precisely I can't define the model.

Because the neck joint is Set-Neck, and there is a Floyd Rose tremolo system.

There is no round logo on the back of the neck.

Taking into account sn:25097xxx I have determined that the model was released most likely in 1997.
But what is this series? Original, Custom, Master build?

Photos:

Pushead

There weren't really those distinctions in 1997. But from the looks and features, it would likely be the equivalent of an original series today.

Dmitriy N.

I replaced the pickups myself. And I bought with EMG 57/66, which was also not the original equipment, I think. If not 1997, then it is completely unclear how to decipher the serial number

Pushead

No, 97 seems about right. I meant there really weren't distinctions between "Custom Shop," "Original Series," etc.

Dmitriy N.

I found this reference: https://espguitars.co.jp/original/horizon/index_end.html

the most similar models are: HORIZON-30th and HORIZON-CTM

in color variations for which there is an option with "SEE THRU". But not a single model from the list has gold hardware and such a connector design as in my guitar. if my guitar is customized, then it is not clear why it has a trivial serial number?

Dmitriy N.

I recently found out that guitar has a compound neck radius: 14-16 inches. But in the ESP guitar catalogs, all Horizon models have a radius of 305mm, which is equivalent to 12 inches. 

Post to Thread