ESP HORIZON NT-2 FAKE OR REAL

Updated
Adam C.

Picking up this ESP horizon NT-2. Can anyone take a look and let me know in your opinion if this is a real ESP standard or Fake. I’m thinking it’s a 2009 model based on the serial number but part of the serial number got blemished when the seller removed a sticker, I’m assuming the “made in Japan” sticker.  Thank you!

Pushead

The guitar looks legit, but the serial number is a bit strange. Going based on the old Standard Series serial number format, it should be a 2017 model. But they didn't make a Standard Series in 17, they had changed to E-II by then.

The blemish on the serial number concerns me a bit, as well. I'm not saying that there's anything with this guitar, but quite often you'll find serial numbers scratched out on guitars that had been stolen before.

I suspect the guitar has had some warranty work done, and it got a new serial number when that happened. Still a Standard Series Horizon, but a new number after the work. You may want to email these pics to customerservice@espguitars.com and see what they say. They're pretty responsive, so you can probably get their take on it pretty quick.

Adam C.

Great, Thank you for the advice. I thought it was a bit off too but overall I’m pretty sure it’s legit. What about after the ESP logo not having the “R” registered symbol on the headstock? I know that most ESPs do have this but I don’t  On occasion  they do not, is this a concern?

Adam C.

Great, Thank you for the advice. I thought it was a bit off too but overall I’m pretty sure it’s legit. What about after the ESP logo not having the “R” registered symbol on the headstock? I know that most ESPs do have this but I don’t  On occasion  they do not, is this a concern?

Cogan C.

The registered trademark "R" is drowned out by the finish, it's there it's just hard to see. I almost bought this guitar on Reverb a while ago, but like Pus said,

it may have been serviced while under warranty, which would explain the SS number. The only reason I didn't  buy it, is because I'm holding out

for an Original Series model.

Adam C.

Thank you Cogan, I see, makes sense. I emailed ESP re: the SS number and if had warranty work done on it or not. Not sure if I’ll get a reply back but this Horizon does look great/legit. 

Jack W.

Hey just wondering if this esp is genuine or not the serial number is ss1023209 standard series horizon. if anyone could let me know it would be highly appreciated 

kind regards 

Pushead

I hate to give opinions based on one or two lousy photos, but there's nothing here that immediately jumps out at me as a concern. Looks like a legit 2010 Horizon FR-II.

Jack W.

What would you pay for a secondhand esp horizon fr II

$1500 aud with an esp hard case is what his after 

just wondering what they sell for secondhand as I always thought esp where a lot more expensive he states there is nothing wrong with the guitar 

Post to Thread