Pickup Ring Screws (not all aftermarket fits on ESP!)

Updated
Pickup Ring Screws (not all aftermarket fits on ESP!)

Hi people!!! time ago I asked about pickup ring screws for my ESP Eclipse, and talking with some forum users we talk about the possibility to the aftermarket screws can works. WRONG!!! this is an advice for those who want to buy screws. I buyed in Allparts and dont fits (too thin) y after, I decided to bought in Thomann the Harley Benton Screws and also dont fits (too thin again for the holes in the wood).
Had someone the same problem?
Can someone say to me if theres have some brand, website or anyplace where boy exacty the same dimension screws? its a nightmare to find ones!

Thanks friends!

Pushead

It's not the most elegant fix, but instead of searching for new screws, just shove a toothpick into the existing hole and then use the new screws you've purchased.

Jorge S.

First of all: Thanks Pushead for always reply in my posts to help in my questions!

The fix that you said is also what im thinking in case of the impossibility to find the correct size of the screws. But is curious that nobody (in my knowledge) made aftermarket screws who fits in this brand. I wrote to ESP Customer service and they said that the screws that they use in ESP are made in factory specially for theirs.

I wonder (is my last chance) if WD Music can have the same size.

Anybody knows some more info?

Thanks friends!  

Pushead

I just use the screws I bought from Stewmac (I think) and run with the toothpicks. (I bought in bulk a bunch of years ago, and still haven't been through them.) They're smaller at the head than the stock screws, but I don't think that really affects the look.

Of course, I know that other people have different opinions about that.

Jorge S.

I just received this E-mail from ESP Customer Service:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting ESP / Takamine Guitars Customer Service. We appreciate you reaching out to us.  ESP does not sell or distribute parts and hardware aftermarket.  These models use metric-specific hardware, which is pretty consistent with other "import" guitars.  We suggest contacting Gotoh, as most ESP Standard Series hardware is manufactured by them.  You can contact them at the link below:
https://g-gotoh.com/international/contact-us

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
Customer Service
ESP Guitars
Phone: 800-423-8388
Fax: 818-506-1378

As far as I know, Gotoh has never offered pickup ring screws for sale in their catalog, right? or I'm wrong?

Jorge S.

Ok I decided to write to Gotoh and they replied this to me, I put all this in this post for also future help to other users to dont waste time...

Dear Jorge,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we do not handle pick-up ring screws.

In addition, ESP seems to procure screws independently.

Screws are not included when we deliver to ESP.

Best regards.

G-GOTOH Co., Ltd.

Web : www.g-gotoh.com

E-mail : info@g-gotoh.com

So I can't understand why the customer service send me to Gotoh...they know that the they screws are not made by Gotoh...

Now I wrote to Hosco and im waiting for the reply...I will put their reply to add more info.

Post to Thread