80's Surveyor Bass

Updated
Keith M.

Just picked up this beauty. It's incredibly clean for what I believe is a mid-early 80's ESP. I was wondering if anyone could help date it. The neckplate has what I believe to be a serial number- it's stamped and says 0029. Any help appreciated. 

ESP Guitars

Could you please send some more detailed pictures to our customer service at customerservice@espguitars.com for assistance. Thanks!

Peter N.

Hi Keith,

Just saw your post about your ESP Surveyor bass; looks great and indeed a rare oldie! Does it have a Tele headstock shape?

I also have an ESP Surveyor, a Jazz Bass model with a Tele headstock neck. The whole packages came from the ESP shop at NY 19th street US (info from the first owner who had it built there in 1986). The neck bottom end and the neck pocket of the body have the relevant NY inscriptions.

So if you detach the neck of your Surveyor, I assume you will also see ESP markings. This may reveal if it is a Japan or US made model of around that period. My serial no. on the neck plate is 05629 with ESP stamped above it. It seems these nos. were quite random at that time. Also the bridge has an ESP stamp. My bass is in perfect condition as it was a backup instrument from an upright bass player.

Attached some pictures.

I'm curious to know if this helps you further.

Kind regards and good luck with your bass,

Peter

Karl M.
Keith M. wrote:

Just picked up this beauty. It's incredibly clean for what I believe is a mid-early 80's ESP. I was wondering if anyone could help date it. The neckplate has what I believe to be a serial number- it's stamped and says 0029. Any help appreciated. 

Karl M.

84-86 600 series 

i have 2 in red 

Karl M.

Karl M.

Karl M.

Bart V.

Old thread.. but i came across it.. i have owned this beauty for 30 years now. Bought it second hand from a bass player that i came across while starting in my very first band ever. And still own it. Currently cleaning and re-stringing it. I was always curious about the history of the model. It has a stamp in the neckplate that says ESP 11519. It should be from the 80's somewhere. If you detach the neck there is written: OK-29.

Blake J.

Damn that's awesome!

I have been looking for one of these for a few years now :/

super jealous haha

If you ever wish to part with it please shoot me a message

Enjoy it mate

Post to Thread