Help identifying my Horizon

Updated
Marcos B.

Bought an ESP Horizon days ago, and I wanted to know for sure some specs (pickups and wood mostly).

I believe it's from mid to late 90s. Looking on the catalogs, found lots of the same painting finish, but not a single HSH and Floyd. (most of them was HH).

The only number on it its from the neckplate.

The bridge pickup was replaced for sure.

Thanks

Jacob L.

Looks just like my 97. if you take the neck off it should say the year. Looks like ash wood body. 

Jacob L.

Marcos B.

Beautiful guitar, i love purple.

Im buying new pickups, so i needed to know the wood mostly. But from what i researched, and you said, must be ash.

Thanks for the reply.

Hassle

Hey Marcos,

You have my dream guitar right there! I have the same guitar but in black, I would much rather have trans blue! You seem to have found one in fantastic condition as well, congrats.

From the research I did into mine, they did not mass produce Horizons with HSH pickup config. Mine was apparently a "semi custom" order by an ESP dealer in Brazil,(supposedly if you stocked enough ESP gear they allowed you to customise the spec of some guitars) and they chose to give is HSH pickups, which you don't see very often on these. Luckily whoever bought mine originally ended up moving the the UK and bringing it with them, then it was sold to someone else before i finally came across it!

It is super interesting to have found your post, as until now I hadn't come across anyone with a similar horizon to mine! Does yours have a push-push coil tap?

Marcos B.

Hello Hassle.

Very interesting point, since I'm brazillian indeed.

And yes, it does have a push-pull.

Can you confirm the woods used on this guitar ?

Thanks for your response!

Pushead

Yes, ash body, maple neck, rosewood finger board.

Post to Thread