Eclipse-I style

Updated
neveser

Did ESP create an Eclipse-I that was styled like the E-II Eclipse BB with all chrome hardware?

Pushead

Yes. It was typically considered a Paul Landers "sig."  I believe the finish was actually called Eclipse PL.

neveser
Pushead wrote:

Yes. It was typically considered a Paul Landers "sig."  I believe the finish was actually called Eclipse PL.

Wow. Thanks man. I've been having so much trouble finding an E-II with the Black Satin finish. I wasn't even sure if they had made one with that finish pre E-II. The gold ones are everywhere. I really like the chrome pickups on the E-II, it looks amazing. A few stores have the E-II BB in stock but not many. I certainly can't find a used one. The neck on the gold ones doesn't look right to me. It sticks out since it's not gold.

Pushead

The bright white binding of the neck was always awkward looking to me, but it tones down as the guitar ages. I stole the gold pickup ring idea from the PL.

I'd really prefer white binding and chrome, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

Pushead

Here's a real-world photo of the PL (I believe they went to chrome rings while still branded ESP). There's a thread about it further down in the list.

AssMan

I have a friend who has this one. The quality of it is unbelievable. Metal tones for days. 

neveser

Couldn't find one of these used so I finally caved and bought the new E-II version. It just arrived today. Absolutely stunning, a work of art. Plays like a dream. I'm tempted to call in sick tomorrow so I can stay home and play...

Post to Thread