ESP Maverick Deluxe

Updated
Alexander L.

Hello. My Guitar is ESP Maverick Deluxe. Unfortunately, I can't identify is it real ESP guitar or not. It's logo is unusual .I have never ever seen so. Can anyone help me and tell what guitar is it? Thanks. Best regards from Russia.

Skorcher

The logo does look a little iffy, and the mid 90's models came with Schaller trem, not Floyd Rose Original series and the PUPS looks replaced as well, besides that, it looks legit. But I still question the logo, I'm sure Pushead will chime in soon. 

Pushead

The logo and the ESP inlay at the 12th gives me pause.  The neck plate and neck junction look correct.  The pick guard seems like it would be aftermarket with the oddly slanted single coil pickups.  Perhaps it's the angle the photo of the back is taken at, but it seems odd to me as well.

I'd probably pass on the instrument.

Bret M.

I have three Maverick Deluxes, same traditional headstock shape. Looking at the headstock logo, the fonts are correct but all three of mine have the "ESP" part in black. The logo on the 12th fret looks fine and that is the stock pickguard. Body shape and neck plate all look correct, the serial number on yours is quite a bit lower than any of mine. The pickups are definitely not stock and neither is the Floyd.. it would've come with an ESP branded schaller Floyd stock. The one in there now is probably about the same quality is expect though so to a player it's not an issue. Note that some Maverick non-deluxes early on had the Sinclair trem which has a slightly different base plate shape, so even though your serial number is low it doesn't look to be too early on otherwise that Floyd in there now wouldn't fit.

Bret M.

On second look, there is a faint squared off outline around the headstock logo, so perhaps someone removed the original logo and put the gold ESP logo on instead just for cosmetics? Hard to say for sure.

Pushead

I don't have (or have access to) an ESP from the mid 80s, so I'm not sure how the 12th inlay may have changed, but my more modern 12th "ESP" are much wider across the block.

The guitar is probably fine, but I'd still pass.

Bret M.

Yeah the inlay across was shorter on those older models, and the fretboard less flat it looks like also. The slanted single coils were also stock... it was a weird time for style haha. This one should date from '92-'93. The OP already owns this, just asking if it is authentic, and I'm pretty certain that it is. Cool guitar, I've always loved the short scale but bolt on construction... not many do though and that's why this model never sold well

Post to Thread