Please Help Identify My LTD Guitar S/N 44685

Updated
Please Help Identify My LTD Guitar S/N 44685

Hi Everyone...  Could you please help identify my LTD guitar.  I bought this new quite a few years back, when the Kirk Hammett model was popular, I should think around late 90's or early 2000's.  I remember asking the sales tech at the store about this LTD and he said that it was Korean-made.  It looks just like the KH model, with the reversed headstock, 24 frets, double humbucker (Duncan JBs most likely) and a licensed Floyd Rose.  There is no writing on the back of the headstock, nor an LTD plate where the neck bolts to the body.  All there is is the number 44685 engraved right after the 24th fret, and there is an LTD inlay on the 12th fret.  All the other fret inlays are a simple dot, and the 24th fret has double-dots.  I've read quite a bit on this subject and about fake LTD's...  and I am planning to change the pickups to the active EMG's and would really like to be sure that this guitar is worth the investment for EMG's.  Please help me find out what model this guitar is, where and when it was made and the manufacturer's specs for it.  Thank you very much for your help... Regards...

jt76

its an LTD MII - should date to around 1996

it later became the model  M200

Similar quality to the 1000 series now. 

Came stock with duncan design pickups  HB103 pickups if I remember correctly.

the HB103 is duncan design version of the duncan distortion 

this is mine,  currently equipped with a dimarzio air zone in the neck and a seymour duncan full shred in the bridge

Post to Thread