ESP Horizon FR27

Updated
ESP Horizon FR27

Hello,

I recently purchased an ESP Horizon FR27.  The previous owner installed Seymour Duncan Blackouts in the neck and bridge positions.  What do I need to return it to it's stock setup?  I've never been a fan of active pickups. If there is anyone interested in swapping, let me know.

Shred

Pushead

You'll need passive pickups of your choice, and a new volume and tone pot and the capacitor for the tone pot.  I typically go with 500 ohm pots for humbuckers, but there are many thoughts on the matter.  If you're not comfortable doing the work on your own, discuss it with the technician who will do the work, and s/he may have suggestions.

Road King

You'll need a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 humbucker and a Hot Rails single coil, new pots and capacitors, a Weller soldering system, a device that plays youtube videos, Depeche Mode's greatest hits, and about 2 hours of free time. I'd also recommend some water or gatorade because you will be performing many sweet dance moves.

Shred

Is there a complete kit for the pots, wiring, etc that you folks would recommend?  ie. one that is prewired for coil tapping, etc. I was already planning on getting the SD Custom 5 and Hot Rails. I got everything else other than Depeche Mode, which won't happen.  

Pushead

Can't typically order pre-wired sets for pickups because the position and distance between the pots vary between guitars.  The coil splitting is determined by the wires in the pickup, so there's no way to pre-wire for that.  Make sure you order 4 conductor pickup wiring when buying the pickup.  I like the CTS brand pots.  There are less expensive alternatives, but I've always had good luck with the CTS stuff.

Shred

Cool. Thanks!  What size capacitor would you recommend?

Pushead

.047 is a pretty typical value for humbuckers

Post to Thread