ESP "MK-VI" can anyone help evaluate?

Updated
jon p.

Hello! No idea if I'm in the right sub-forum, etc, but I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction on this one?

I posted pics on ESP's facebook page, won't let me link thereto. 

Guitar was purchased in the early 80's, serial #11098

Thanks!

Pushead

Hi Jon,
Unfortunately, in the world of ESP in the 80s and 90s, the serial number doesn't mean anything.  There's not a whole lot to go on with the guitar.  What would you like to know?  It's probably very early 80s, but doesn't appear to be 48th Street (though I don't know as much about the 48th Street shop as some.)  I wouldn't even go out on a limb to guess the wood combo for the guitar since I don't know much about what they were using at that time.

I've never heard of the M-IV.  In those times (and occasionally even today) they give numbers at the end to describe the number of pickups the guitar has.  The only other thing I could tell you is that it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the early 80s. 

Hopefully someone else could be more helpful.

jon p.

Thanks so much for the input and bringing the images over! And, very funny about the cleaning  -- you're so, so right about that!

Pushead

All meant in good fun.  Looks like a nice enough guitar.  Curious as to how a single coil would sound at that angle.

Post to Thread