ESP 901 1991

Updated
ESP 901 1991

Greetings from Greece. I got this beautiful guitar recently. When i got her, she was stripped down from original colour and i had her repainted. I'm trying to find out some info on the guitar because all i could find was a flyer add from when it was first released showing the guitar in blue, red and purple colour, but none of those guitars on the flyer had gold hardware.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance            

Pushead

I think it looks great in the vintage/tobacco burst!  I'm not always a gold hardware fan, but it really seems to suit the finish.

I don't know much about the model, but it looks like an ash body and maple neck.  I'd gess the wiring in the pickguard isn't stock, but as I said, I'm not totally sure.

Hatebreedgr
Pushead wrote:

I don't know much about the model, but it looks like an ash body and maple neck.  I'd gess the wiring in the pickguard isn't stock, but as I said, I'm not totally sure.

Υes the wiring and the pickguard is not the stock ones...i have a Seymour Duncan Custom sh5 in the bridge and a Dimarzio Fast Track in the neck with a standard 3way toggle and  on-on-on switches for each pickup making each one series / parallel / split depending on the position of the switch. Do you have any idea about how much these models went for back in the day?

CLT-ESP

Hi Hatebreedgr. I may know a little more about your guitar than what's been posted, but that's not saying a whole lot I guess. However, I'll share it anyway:

• The body is that of a "Maverick" which has its own shape, hence the model name "MV-901". The 901's were different as they had the extended slanted fretboard to accomodate 27 frets. 
  • Some MV-901's came with rear neck plates, and some did not. Probably year specific. 
  • Similar versions were, and still are offered by ESP under the Edwards (model MV-125) and LTD (model MH-327) lines. 
  • Gold hardware was an option offered through ESP as was black and chrome in 1991. In fact, here's a sunburst MV-901 with gold hardware:

• The flyer you have may only show the colors you mentioned, but the MV-901's were offered in other colors including sunburst, turquoise/teal, see through burgandy, and probably any other color depending on whether this was a store stock item or a special order. In fact, looks like you could special order one with absolutely no color whatsoever, at least on the body.  Examples:

:  

Cool guitar! Now go play that sucker! 

Hatebreedgr

thank you very much for all the info you provided CLT-ESP

Alex  .

check out www.esp-901.com

George B.

Hi, I used to own this exact guitar. I’m from Greece too and I sold it to someone in Holland in 2017. The previous owner told me that he repainted and changed all the wiring. Now I see her to be sold from someone in UK.

Post to Thread