Post Your Explorers!

Updated
Post Your Explorers!

Lets see these badass explorers you guys have! Mx's and EXP's 

Heres my EXP-200. currently putting a new Bone Nut on it.

AK

I don't know the guy but he is currently selling a black MX-250 (not bolt-on) from the 1990s and asking 9000USD for it. I didn't know the price would be so sharp on those, to me it looks weird that it is so much. Here is the link (Turkish site):

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ikinci-el-ve-sifir-alisveris-muzik-muzik-aletleri-esp-mx250-custom-metallica-james-hetfield-explorer-90-serisi-339068730/detay

ESPEXP

It's from the 90s, but its from the later 90s cuz of the bullet shaped truss rod cover. 9k is a pipe dream

boogienights

Anybody selling an MX220?

Giovanni V.

Does anyone have an Exp for sale!! I'm in need for one.

Flying Dutchmen

Great collection, lot of wannahaves here....unfortunately the budget not Always allows what you want...on the other hand, I just keep dreaming

I first had an EXP, but it had to leave when the MX arrived. THough, I just had them for a short while together, great fgor a nice shot!

EXP 1995 left and MX250 (2008) right

Nathan S.

That's a beautiful sight!! I don't know how you could part with one when you had the black and white combo. Wish I could find the white mate to this one.

Flying Dutchmen

Hi Nathan, you are fully right of course. Hope you will find the white one as well, it took me years for one popped up here in the area (Netherlands). A black one popped up occassionally. 

I wish I did not had to let go the black one. However, I also had the opportunity to buy an MV290 (KH1) flying V 2017. As this was as well quit an investment, one the collection needed to leave. So it was a hard decision which one had to go. All guitars have superb playability and sound. 

The good thing is that I could sell the EXP it to a nearly 20 year old Metallica fan, which was really happy with it and offered a good price for it! Great to see it went to another ESP fan!

Jeremy Kohnmann

Nothing too crazy.. But i love her

‘99 EXP-200.. upgraded the pups to EMG 81x/60x combo.. hoping to find the right MX250 someday...

While I have you guys for a moment.. anyone experimented with the different casing options out there? I’m typically an SKB guy when it comes to afford flight worthy cases.. but I hear the explorer model is a little weird on the MX/EXP models.. anyone have any insight? The original ESP case is falling apart.

BEEAAAUUUUTIFUL guitars out here everyone.. serious droolage going on looking through this thread!

Flying Dutchmen

Hi Jeremy, 

Great guitar!

An Epiphone Explorer case should do the job for you. 

https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963224/posts/2006302-hardshell-case-for-mx250 

Another option is to buy a new genuine custom ESP case via custom routing, however it stronlgy depends on your budget ;-). 

Cheers from NL

Major Insane

Some very sweet Explorers in this thread!

Here are my two. A '99 LTD EXP-200 and an '07 EX-400.

Bought the EX-400 years ago as I wanted an Explorer shape guitar but just didn't click with any of the Gibsons I played at the time. Bit the bullet and ordered one from the States.

Still happy with that decision.

I bought the EXP a couple of weeks ago and I'm really loving it. Definitely getting the most playtime of all my guitars at the moment.

@Jeremy Kohnmann, Can't help you with the case unfortunately, mine came with a flightcase the original owner made for it. But i'm sure the fine people here can help you out.

Reuben G.

Here's my 90's EXP bolt on model. Super rare, from what I understand only a few hundred were made

https://flic.kr/p/Xxi8AX

Shaun

I can finally post in this thread!

My new EXP 200 OW

Nathan S.

Man I want a white one so bad!!!

dubster82

Here's a pic of my buddies MX250 

With my LTD Snakebyte

+ his LTD Snakbyte

And just my SB

HateEvent

Maaaaan I need a black MX to go with the white one. 

EXPcustom

Here's one of mine current you don't find a 90's era in this good of condition with plastic still on the back cover. I am suprised it hasn't sold yet but I don't care, I'll keep it.

And a pair of MX220 but these I no longer have...

Jeremy Kohnmann

Hey man, how much are you selling for?

Jeff P.

Why does the 1989 ESP EET FUK look more white than dark cream as seen above.  James' looked more white to me.

Pushead

They tend to yellow as time goes on. But a lot could also have to do with the white balance of the camera when the photo was taken.

Post to Thread