Post Your Explorers!

Updated
Post Your Explorers!

Lets see these badass explorers you guys have! Mx's and EXP's 

Heres my EXP-200. currently putting a new Bone Nut on it.

ESP 348

Some wicked guitars in this thread!

Rob F.

Agreed

Rob F.

1999 EXP-200 in midnight purple. Don't see these much.

Travis L.

Awesome dude! thats a clean color! and not very common! thanks for posting

AK

My EXP finally arrived. More photos soon

Travis L.

OH MY GOD DUDE!  It's fucking beautiful!!!!!!  

Thanks for sharing it!! 

Where did you purchase that beast at? 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Like Travis wrote: oh my god. It is so clean and simple but still has a lot of attitude and class. Love it. 

AK

Thanks a lot I found it on an ad site by luck. It was in Germany. It was a bit of a gamble, I just sent the money. Luckily he was a decent guy and sent it to me. He packed it very well. It took more than 3 weeks to arrive. I had to go and pick it up from the customs because I couldn't wait anymore It is not as clean as it is seen on the photo. He used it live apparently so it has some scratches here and there. Nothing major though. It also has some notes choking on bends on the high E string, but I will fix that by adjusting the bridge. And then of course I will put new strings, polish it etc.

I am very happy with it. Next step is to find an MX250!

Oh and it came with the original case as well

Travis L.

So badass dude!

AK

One thing I don't understand is why most explorers of that era came with EMG 81\81 setup? Weird don't you think? Because Papa Het never used that combination I think.

Travis L.

Definitely! But it's all good as long as it had stock EMG's it's still a win! 

Nathan S.

Don't know if anyone needs a factory hardcase for their MX or EXP but there is one for sale on Reverb. 

Breadfan32

Just seeing this thread now.  Some awesome guitars in here.  

I used to have a white mx and snakebytes.  Preferred the snakebytes better but I've been always been gassing for a mint black mx.  The one sparkle has looks perfect.  Not wiling to pay the prices at this time though.  

ESPEXP

Forgot to make a posting for this but here she is. After a 3 year wait, I finally got her in March. 3 years and 1 month to be exact.

Travis L.

OH MY GOD DUDE! That's a killer KL guitar!! Congrats on that beast!!! Loving the color and the inlay!!!!! I bet she sounds and plays great! Thanks for sharing! 

load more replies (10 of 10)
Breadfan32

Might be my favorite looking KL explorer I've ever seen!  Congrats 

Travis L.

Agreed!

Breadfan32

Don't have it anymore but thought I would post it anyways.  

Travis L.

Clean white MX bro! Thanks for sharing! 

Eduardo M.

ESP MX guitar is one of the most iconic guitars ever made, right? Let´s post photos of other artists/normal people playing it. I know this is almost a signature guitar, because James turned this into a legendary guitar, but it would be cool to see other people playing and rocking it hard. All I see on the internet is picutures of just the guitar itself 

I remember Jesper from In Flames playing a black MX. Don´t recall of anyone else playing one.

ESP 348

What an amazing KL Explorer!! Thanks for sharing man, wow!

Ankan

Here's my two so far.

Will try to get some better pics in the future.

If anyone wonders, you can see the head of a MX/EXP-something-something ( ??? ).

It's a replica traded for many years ago before I knew anything about these wonderful guitars.

Post to Thread