ESP Horizon CTM info?

Updated
Lasse L.

I got this lovely as feck ESP Horizon (pickup aren't original of course), it plays and sounds awesome!

The previous owner said he bought it in Japan..
Now I'm trying to find out more about it, it's got an 8 digit serial stamped on the back of the head (no letters, just numbers), so according to this page:

http://www.guitarscollector.com/esp-serial-numbers.html

it's a pre 2000 model.

The serial is xxxx3xxx which would date it to 1993 ...
I've owned my share of early nineties ESPs and somehow this looks like a newer model to me (were there even neck through Horizons with that "sucked" head stock in 93?)

Don't get me wrong, it's a KILLER guitar and definitely a real ESP, I just find the serial number confusing.

Does anyone here have any info/idea?

cheers

Lasse

Pushead

Not a 93.  I'd guess it's probably right around (if not a bit later than) 2000.  Mahogany body, maple neck through, maple cap.  It's hard to tell if this is a normal production guitar, or if it's one of the "Original/Custom Series."

If there's no circle logo on the back, it was likely made for the Japanese market, which would lend to the idea that it was an Original Series guitar.  It's nice looking, and apparently, well loved.

Lasse L.

Thanks.
yeah, it was bought in Japann, no circle..
bought it as "Horizon Custom"..
so may be something unique indeed

Pushead

Not unique, but it's a guitar from the "Original Series."  That's Custom Shop production of their "normal" line guitars.  Nice score!

Lasse L.

cool, thanks for the help!

ESP 348

You're a wealth of information Pushead!

ESP 348

Great looking guitar btw, thanks for sharing.

Post to Thread