ESP vintage series identification help please

Updated
Roger K.

Hey guys,

I bought this guitar when I was in college and never have been able to figure out exactly what it is other than what is on the headstock.  Whenever i search for it, I inevitably come across the vintage plus models or models that say "ESP vintage series" but in different places on the headstock.  Any information on this guitar you guys could offer would be great.  I've attached a couple of pictures as well!

Roger K.

17904 is what's on the plate if it's not visible enough.

Pushead

It's super clean.  I don't really know more about it than that.  The neck plate is different than what ESP has used for many years.  It might mean it's pretty old (mid 80s?) or it might be some version similar to a Navagator, which is ESP's high-level traditional model brand.

If you're feeling gutsy, remove the neck and see if there's a date in the neck pocket.

Roger K.

I did get gutsy...and there are absoutely no markings at all in the neck pocket :-/  The only number I've been able to find is what's on the neck plate.

Also, I forgot to add that the bridge pickup did not come on the guitar, it had a regular single coil pickup there...I need to see if I can track it down in my guitar closet sometime.

Big Daddy B

You might find some additional details here. Another member had a surf green one: http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963218/posts/2061540-esp-vintage-series-year

Post to Thread