ESP M-III Deluxe. Info anyone?

Updated
ESP M-III Deluxe. Info anyone?

Does anyone have information about ESP's M-III Deluxe guitars? There is one selling his gtr and I haven't been able to find much information on Google, which is weird considering there you mostly DO find enough information about things..

So anyone? I know there might have been posts about this before..

The gtr for sale:

http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/elektrische-gitaar/esp-m-iii-deluxe-258991756.html

Thanks in advance.

Pushead

Early to mid 90s.  Alder body, maple neck.

Andrew W.

But they are custom guitars? I have seen one photo on the net where one had the Esp stamp with 'Custom Guitar' under it.

Pushead

Well, there wasn't quite as much of a desigination of what was "Custom" and what was "Standard."  The guitar was a regular production model guitar.  It wasn't a special made guitar.  I couldn't tell you if it had the extra attention that a Custom order would get now.

In those days (and through the 90s) every guitar that wasn't for the Japanese market, had a circle logo on the back that says ESP Custom Guitars.  In the 2000s, they modified the circle to reflect the production style of the guitar (Custom Shop, Signature Series, Standard Series, etc.)

Andrew W.

Thank you for your help. It helped me NOT to buy this gtr. I first thought it'd be more of a 'special' gtr but it seems it's quite a normal one then..
Meanwhile I've found me a Custom ESP gtr so I'll go for that one.

Pushead

What's the other guitar?  It may not be an actual Custom either.

Andrew W.

Here is a link to some photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzuwyc6yicb47ko/AAAYyncP5dOEFriIY41iS85Pa?dl=0&preview=DSC_4271.JPG

I have checked it and I'm pretty sure it is a real one. wouldn't hastly buy a bolt-on neck, 'cos those can be switched, but this one seems legit enough. The serial is correct and so is the "Custom" on the headstock which was ESP's style back then.

Pushead

Yeah, though through the late 80s and early 90s, a "Custom" designation on the headstock was more likely to mean neck-through construction than anything else.  But it's a fairly good bet that that was equivalent of today's "Custom."

Looks like a nice guitar. Congrats!

Andrew W.

Thanks! I'm thrilled to have it. And thx for all the info about Esp and their gtrs.

I checked on Google and a 'standard series' Esp M-II CTM goes for 'bout 2800 USD so I'm pleased to be the owner of a gtr like this; 'Custom'.

Post to Thread