Wanting to restore my ESP Eclipse

Updated
bratsvt

Im waiting to restore my esp eclipse.  I was told its from early 80s or possible from early 90s. It originally came with the real gold plated floyd rose but the plating has started to flake off. I was planing on re plating the floyd rose but i was told, its cheaper to buy another one. Im just not sure what size it is. I was also told my guitar came with emg 60 and 81 pickups.  Im not sure whats in it now besides the Seymour Duncan in the bridge. Im planing on a full restore. Even a new original black paint job. Using the same kind of harden paint Esp used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

bratsvt

Bump

Pushead

If you're looking at an Original Floyd Rose, the width of the bridge is the same between all the models.  It's the nut that changes.  I believe it's the R2 nut, even though ESP typically uses a 12" radius.  If you have a set of calipers (or even just a ruler) measure the width of your nut, and then compare to the chart listed here:

FR Nut Sizes

bratsvt

Thank you for the chart. I wasnt really sure.

bratsvt

The project has now begun. I got almost everything off. I can't wait for it to be done. I played it before i started to strip it and it plays awesome. I just love the thin neck. A lot thinner than my M2 deluxe. The neck and body dates match up but it looks like the body was completed then torn down to build this one. It had a date, then it was crossed out. It maybe true what the previous owner told me. He was stationed in Japan and wanted an Eclipse with a floyd rose but at the time they didnt have any in stock. I had the order slip somewhere. Where he paid a hefty premium on having it done. I just cant locate it right now. 

bratsvt

I forgot to ask. There's a letter "S" next to the date. Does anyone know what that means? Is that the makers mark?

bratsvt

The guitar should be done, within a month or two. I rebuilt the floyd rose. The pick-ups stayed the same. Seymour Duncan's 59 and JB. I didn't repaint the body. I had the chips and dings repaired. 

AK

That ESP logo did not exist in the 1980s or 1990s. Usually the first two digits after the letter is the year it was made, as far as I know (so 09, for instance, will be 2009). I can't see the number on yours - the pictures are too small. Your guitar seems to be 2000s to me. The body has the 3 knob set up which was started to be manufactured after the Gibson lawsuit, which was sometime in early 2000s I think. Same goes for the neck. It is also weird to see an ESP eclipse without binding and with a bolt-on construction.

bratsvt

The eclipse were re introduced in 1995. 

Fyl

Its mid-90s

The gold floyd is NOT original, nor are the posts its mounted on

Post to Thread