Eclipse models - any information?

Updated
Eclipse models - any information?

Hi I bought a used eclipse from a store. The seller said it had one owner, Duncan pickups but didn't know more about its history.

I am new to ESPs but understand there are no records for models this old because it predates a fire? and that the ESP logo was a different font/style then as it was older.

In store I compared it to a new Eclipse II model and preferred this partly as it was several hundred pounds cheaper - I would love to know any more about these models, how people think they compare with contemporary ESPs, value, build quality, manufacturing process and so on, whether these are original pickups anything really. Thanks. Kevin

Pushead

It's hard to know which older ESP Eclipse model you're talking about without any pictures.  If you can't post them here, could you link us to somewhere?

Kevin M.

sorry I thought it had uploaded these

Pushead

It's a 2005 Eclipse II.  Mahogany body and neck, maple top with a quilted veneer over top.  Hard to tell the pickups, they might be the Seymour Duncan JB/59 which was stock on some models.  They're typically found in the $1000-1200 range on ebay.

I have a few Eclipses from this era.  I think they're really good value.  Solid guitars that hold up and perform well.  I haven't played any of the new E-II guitars (which replaced the ESP Standard line) but I would think that they are very similar in terms of build quality and material.

Kevin M.

Hi - thank you very much for the reply, cheers  I think I've managed to find it in this based on your help the model shown has active pickups in this catalogue http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/086/ESP-2005-Catalog.pdf?1392144618

Post to Thread